Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Yeah I've noticed this, jerkbag. :embar:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I really like home time. :eek: I guess it might be because I spent so many of my youth years out of the house, had a stint where I was homeless even, I just really like staying at home nowadays as I get older. I am happy to make simple dinner at home, have some wine or beer at night, call it an evening earlier as the days goes on. Probably won't go out in Tokyo much unless I go on day excursions to see things occasionally, walk the dog at night, or go to nice dinners and bars. Everything else can be delivered.

Didn't have a bathtub in Seoul, just a big wet bath with a shower booth, so in Tokyo I am rediscovering the joys of having a bathtub. I realize men don't take baths :eek: but it's nice to pour some bath salts in there and just sit in the evenings. Today we put the dog in the bath to see if she could swim, she just stood on her toes.... and then farted in the bath, so we took her out. :eek:

Also been loving my bed still, especially when Mrs TOJ makes it up with fresh linens; I take my computer upstairs with me and just hide in bed all afternoon. It makes me feel like a kid again.

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

And she doesn't bitch at you about going out or not giving her enough attention? Sounds like a winner. My ex was always like "what do you want to do" and I'm like "bitch I'm still playing mass effect 2 don't you have a new drama you can watch or something?"

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Saw a yellow 458 italia today.. first ever seeing a 458 in person... god it was so fucking beautiful.. :drool:

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. impolyt_one

nah, it's one of her good points - I can do whatever I want, within reason.

I've seen like 20 now, best car design in awhile. I stayed at hotel in May and every day a different colored 458 would pull up outside, I saw 4 or 5 in front of that hotel, all the common colors - black, red, white, yellow. I want one in Blu Abu Dhabi. I don't really have 458 money but if Mrs TOJ gets a job think I might be able to get the new 2012 Carrera, they don't really have an individual program though, I'd get that in Blu Abu Dhabi as well, best car color in a minute.
    [​IMG]

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

This is one of the properties of a good spouse. Mine has this in spades.

I received a ton of clothes from my tailor this week. My Loro Piana jacket turned out even better than I hoped. Dark blue cashmere with light blue large check pattern. Incredible drape and hand. And the kicker? Said he had just enough material left to make me a pair of pants with it so he kicked them in for free. Tried on the jacket with a bright white FC shirt and light grey slacks....looks so good I'm considering posting an ultra-rare pic in WAYWT when I get it all back from the cleaners.

7. impolyt_one

It's awesome... but then she'll inevitably ask me if I want to go out, I'll say no and she'll go out alone, and then a couple hours later I'm still at home in my underwear doing some hardcore styleforumming and realize I miss her and it only takes me 90 minutes to turn to shit....

[​IMG]

8. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

You two are making me sick...

In a good way of course. Can't believe I actually look at marriage as a good thing now :confused:

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

that is absolutely beautiful. blue is my favorite color (my car is blue as well) :p

excellent taste.

10. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

thanks, Gentlemen, having a good week.

11. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

this post made me happy, so I guess it goes well reposting in this thread lol

seriously tho, I want to be able to enjoy things like this, and generally be this happy, with my SO when I'm married.

12. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

My dad recognized me and squeezed my hand. Right now that's a big fucking deal - he was in a nasty bicycle accident and it's been touch and go all week.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I was going through some consumer reports lists online and stumbled onto this "best advice for consumers" list (bolded are my favorites):

before you travel abroad, learn how to say "Is there a discount?" in the native language.
    It's worth what you're willing to pay.
    When you have a complaint, pretend you're the supervisor. Remain calm and walk the customer-service person through the process of solving your problem.
    From my grandmother: Before you buy it, you're the boss. After you buy it, they're the boss.
    Never ever pay full retail.
    When you're faced with out-of-pocket medical costs after your insurer has paid its share, contact the health-care provider's billing office to negotiate a lower amount for the remaining fees. You can negotiate a discount of 50 percent, especially if you agree to pay it all off immediately.
    Shop at warehouse clubs. We've saved a fortune.
    When having work done, get three estimates. Don't always go with cheapest.
    Be careful when a pushy salesperson tells you, "Don't worry," when you ask questions about what you are buying.
    Go to the very top. It's amazing how effective a letter, an e-mail, or a phone call to a CEO can be. A bit of detective work online can usually dig up an e-mail address or phone number, and it's remarkable how many executives are at their desks first thing in the morning or last thing at night with no assistant around to shield calls.
    Make friends with the butcher.
    Before you buy anything online, search for a discount coupon code and free shipping codes.
    Skepticism is the antidote to salesmanship.
    Always bid 20 percent below the asking price on a home. You may insult the buyer, but you also may strike a good deal.
    Read the fine print.
    When shopping for anything over $100, wait 24 hours before you buy it. Chances are the next day you'll decide you don't really need it or want it.
    Don't buy the extended warranty.
    Press zero to get out of the voice-mail loop to a real person.
    Never invest your money in anything that eats or needs repainting.
    Use your credit card for major purchases. (Back story: A friend dropped her new iPhone and was about in tears until we told her to call her credit-card company. Sure enough, it's covered and they're crediting her account, so she can buy a new one.)
    If something is free, there are always strings attached.
    Never go grocery shopping when you're hungry.
    Always fight a parking ticket.
    When a salesman says, "You have beautiful eyes," try not to believe it.
    Small spending adds up.
    Whenever you're in a supermarket and see an item on sale, always double-check larger and smaller sizes to make sure it's really the better price.
    Write down what you want to buy. Is it a need vs. a want? Is what you already have good enough? What else could you do with the money?
    If you want something, ask.
    It's possible to negotiate price for just about anything, in any type of store. I've successfully negotiated in bike shops, department stores, small private clothing stores, and more.
    Be friendly. Nobody's going to do you any favors if you're firing off insults.
    If you are negotiating to buy a car, you are not getting the best deal unless you feel so stressed you want to vomit.
    If you're worried about buying a big-ticket item online, find the lowest price online and negotiate with a walk-in store to see whether they'll match it.
    The potato is a perfect vegetable. It's easy to grow, nutritious, and can be cooked and prepared in an infinite variety of ways.
    If you don't need it, don't buy it.
    You're not saving money just because it's on sale; you're still spending money.
    Consider the source.
    Always keep your receipts. You never know when you may need to return something.
    Never buy the first version of anything.
    Submit rebates promptly.
    Don't pay companies for the privilege of being billboards for their brands. My dad used to tell me that when I was a teenager and wanted clothes with big-brand labels on them.
    Never take no for an answer.
    If it's slightly damaged or irregular, ask the manager for a big reduction. I've gotten huge markdowns that way.
    You can return anything. My sister-in-law took back string and a bag that had once contained a kite. The kite had flown away (the string broke), but she convinced the store clerk that it was a faulty product and that she deserved to get her money back. That taught me a lesson to be a more assertive consumer.
    An infomercial is an oxymoron.
    You're not required to buy it.
    Don't be pressured into buying something big (like a car) when the seller says, "I need a decision soon" or "Someone else is really interested."
    If you aren't getting what you want from a customer-service rep on the phone, call back until you find someone helpful.
    Don't take up your complaint with people who can only tell you no.
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If you live by those words, you'll avoid being taken to the cleaner over and over again.
    Don't invest with Bernard Madoff.

15. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Thanks Rambo.

Here's a helpful hint as we all get older: osteoporosis and racing bikes don't mix.