things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Someday I'll take you out on the town and show you how it's done.

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

The feeling I get when she reblogs one of my posts.

3. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

is that what you kids are calling it these days?

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I did a quick bike ride/run through prospect park yesterday and today and I saw her walking across the roadway yesterday:

[​IMG]

I ran a quick loop around the park today then saw isla fischer walking across the roadway today and then realized that they were probably shooting a movie... damn that red head was hot:

[​IMG]

I'm just happy that they can film a movie and not interfere with everyone else's lives and I got my workouts in. Plus its fun to see a pretty actress in the flesh especially when they've been super naked in true blood.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Plan to hit the driving range this weekend and see a) how much I still suck and b) if the nasty pull of some spine erector muscles have finally healed. Also, we have two walks and a hike planned. To top it off, one of our places for really good sushi happy hour at one venue, then move over to our favorite wine bar venue. Lastly, tanking Throne of the Four Winds on Saturday evening. :slayer:

6. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Since outdoor soccer season will be coming to an end pretty soon, I decided to take up boxing for the first time ever in my life. I went in with straight up ignorant preconceived notion that since I have more than adequate base fitness (on a field), I'll at least be able to complete the workout without tearing myself a new asshole...

Wow was I wrong. It's been 45 minutes and I'm still shaking. I've definitely found myself a new hobby and something to look forward to this upcoming (soon to be dreadful) winter. :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

haaa, thats great. Im thinking of taking up some physical sport. Someone introduced me to Krav Maga, and my first reaction, was whaaaaa? :eh: then :slayer:

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

cool.

after a few months of group classes, start taking a few private lessons, it will blow your mind. honestly, you can't learn a lot in the group lessons, you'll progress from beginer to advanced beginer, but private will take you to a whole new level.

9. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Krav looks awesome. For me it was either a toss up between picking up Boxing or Krav Maga, but since my gym has a personal/boxing trainer already, it was just convenient with classes being offered. I'm still very much interested in finding a proper training place at some point (maybe do both? Although seems a bit ambitious... :embar: )

Interesting. I'll certainly keep this in mind. I can really see myself sticking to this for the long run so I'll look into proper boxing gyms locally.

10. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I Mike Tysoned a conversation today.

I have no interest in sports, but I have always had an interest in Mike Tyson because is one of the very very few celebrities who is always 100% honest; another being Penn Jillette. That combined with Mike being insane makes for some memorable quotes. I really liked his documentary, "Tyson."

Long story short, I was sitting idly at a smog shop thinking about Mike Tyson for whatever reason and some guy starts a conversation with me. He went on and told me about his ex wife, kids ect. He went on to tell me about his job at Trader Joes and how he wanted to slap one of his coworkers because of all the stupid shit he says. I didn't enjoy talking to this guy very much, but whatever, it's waiting room conversation. I like talking to random people, but I cant stand it if they just start bitching endlessly about things in their life right off the bat.

We talked about gov regulations and I brought up the DMVs in California. With Mike's inspiration, and seeing how the mechanic was behind the computer console writing stuff on my papers, indicating he would be done soon, I told him about a snippy conversation I had with a DMV employee once and said of the DMV employee "I wish I could stomp on his son's testicles, so he would feel the same pain I feel when I wake up every morning."

He said "....Uh, yeah...I guess." I soon paid and left.

In any case, I really liked it. Im going to try stuff like this the next time I have a flight with some overly talkative douche. I botched the quote, but here it is, starts at 0:11:

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

boy you really put a lot of thought on that, loverboy. :D

12. otc

otc Senior member

i'm like a fucking secreat agentt

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

^^ i always thought it was secret azn man, thats what it sounds like he is saying anyway. :confused:

_____

im eating delicious home made pizza right now :bigstar:

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

details on dough & crust please.