things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. unjung

unjung Senior member

I have a full-time contract fund wholesaling gig, but I also dabble in one-off business brokering. I have two deals in the pipeline right now. Neither are for sure but they're the biggest deals I've ever worked on independently, both eight figure transactions. It's a rush just working on them. Even if neither close, I am strengthening my connections with four separate groups I respect, three of them successful small PE firms.

2. rge

rge Member

Shiner Hefeweisen w/ lemon on a hot day.

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

congrats green frog

I had a group, including a business unit leader, from one of the 25 biggest companies in the world fly in to chicago from asia specifically to ask my advice on a business idea that that company is thinking of pursuing. didn't get anything out of it, but it is a cool feeling to be considered that kind of expert.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

just got breaking bad season 3 disc 1 in the mail from netflix. might be a loooong nite

6. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

My daughter...

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I just got an offer from my dream job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy and excited I am literally shaking and crying right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! edit: i busted my ass so hard for this.. contacted every single alumni working at that company, networked with them over weeks.. prepared for case studies for weeks and just tried my hardest and it all turned out for the best. i remember just weeks ago how depressed i was because i graduated without a job, and now i have 1 internship offer and 2 fulltime job offers as well as 1 final round interview coming up this thurs (but hell with that now!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats!

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

are you enjoying the planes?plains?

but srsly ive always wanted to go there. enjoy it gale!

There's nothing to dislike here. I'm also [​IMG] with this place, even the plane (Envoy class).

9. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

There's nothing to dislike here. I'm also [​IMG] with this place, even the plane (Envoy class).
    Barcelona is wonderful. I slept out on the patio last night and the weather was perfect. I've made a ton of friends here and in Madrid in the last several days. I have a few legit contacts for English teaching positions ranging from 1000-1400 euro a month. I met a bunch of people in the placa at a protest two nights ago here in Barcelona, and was purchased drinks all night long in Madrid. I've had zero hate for being from the US from anyone buts Germans (there are a lot of international students in Barcelona). I also have a spot to stay in Granada if I ever visit, and have been told that my life won't be complete until I spend a year there. I love Spain so much. I think everyone who enjoys a lived life over a life of material status should spend sometime time out there. Save up and visit while you're young enough to party from 11-630AM Mr. Stitches. It's worth it. I will live here. My only complaint is chronic dehydration, but I've gotten used to it. I just drop some gatorade powder in to a water bottle full of tapwater and chug that before a night out. Oh. The plane sucks for pobre class. So cramped. Surrounded by highschool girls from Wisconsin, which was amusing (it was like I was dumped in the middle of the movie Fargo, without the guns or creepy eyed actors). Tapas are the shit btw. So good. Frog: Congrats, hombre! I'm happy to hear that and happy that you're happy. Same for Globe and Unjung.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

thanks everyone!!

still living on cloud nine right now [​IMG]

i got a job in management consulting in boston!

Congratulations!

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Taking a week off in July. And one in August too, I think. Awwww yeah.

12. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Construction has begun on my house!!!!!!!!

I guess it's more appropriate to say the demo work has begun as it's a significant re-hab and so in my case the first step of construction is in fact de-construction but still it's awesome to know that stuff is happening. I'm looking forward to heading over there tonight to check out the progress.

Also, a particularly plodding and indecisive friend, who went through a really bad period some years ago after getting laid off (he didn't get a new job for about 5 years, couldn't get any momentum going, was essentially a hoarder, tore through all his savings) met a really wonderful person some years ago who has helped him get his life back on track. She's frankly way out of his league but they are very happy together and I just found out they got engaged last night.

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Construction has begun on my house!!!!!!!!

very exciting!! i hope it goes smoothly

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Taking a break from all that taking a break I see.

15. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Any vacay plans?