things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

In front of several neighbors, I confronted this asshole who has been driving aimlessly around my neighborhood for months, drinking beer and then chucking the empties out the window and onto our yards. It was awesome. Really glad the neighbors were there, it kept me calmer than I would've been normally. Chewed the guy out, had him apologize, and then told him to leave and if he came back through the neighborhood I'd call the cops. It was really incredible how compliant he was. I guess the neighbors watching from their porch helped out.

alpha as fuck. good for you

2. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

In front of several neighbors, I confronted this asshole who has been driving aimlessly around my neighborhood for months, drinking beer and then chucking the empties out the window and onto our yards. It was awesome. Really glad the neighbors were there, it kept me calmer than I would've been normally. Chewed the guy out, had him apologize, and then told him to leave and if he came back through the neighborhood I'd call the cops. It was really incredible how compliant he was. I guess the neighbors watching from their porch helped out.

+100

I believe you were in what many would call BEAST MODE

3. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

checked on Urban Dictionary and this is the most appropriate definition they had.

Beast Mode - The state in which a human (frequently male) is completely dominating what they are doing.

they had this too

Being extremely awesome

[​IMG]

next week we'll be talking about what it means to not be in Beast Mode. Class dismissed.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

fomm is the fucking man

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Glad that worked out for you.

But what the hell was that guy doing anyways. Did he have an ex in the area or something? Why would anybody choose to drive around the same neighborhood and drink beer in their car. Sounds weird.

I'm really happy that the USA network has started to air episodes of L&O Criminal Intent at 7 a.m.

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Glad that worked out for you.

But what the hell was that guy doing anyways. Did he have an ex in the area or something? Why would anybody choose to drive around the same neighborhood and drink beer in their car. Sounds weird.

The whole thing didn't add up. I sit on my porch a lot and so I'd see him driving around a lot and drinking beer. I thought it was relatively harmless because it was late at night, it's a residential area and he was never driving erratically. Then he began to do it in the daylight hours.

Meanwhile, I'd always found these empty Mich Ultra bottles around the neighborhood. Most people thought it was some homeless, but I never thought that made since. Having been really, really poor at times myself, the thing you focus on is bang for your buck. Spending a price premium for a Mich Ultra (especially when you need all the calories you can get) just didn't make sense.

So last night, I heard a bottle hit my fence and then saw the guy drive by. I immediately put two and two together and ran outside. The Mich Ultra bottle was still cold. I got in my car and drove down to my neighbors' who also always sit on their porch (Southern living FTW). Told them what happened and said, verbatim, "I'm not a tough guy or likes-to-fight-guy, but I really hope he comes back and I get to confront him." Sure enough, his pickup comes driving back up the hill.

Hopefully, he doesn't come back. If he does, I'm going to follow him home and then later dump all the bottles in the neighborhood on his front yard.

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I sit on my porch a lot...

Please tell me this involves a rocking chair and an Igloo Playmate full of ice cold domestic canned beer.

9. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Please tell me this involves a rocking chair and an Igloo Playmate full of ice cold domestic canned beer.

If you must know--we awwwwwwwe dignifaaaaaaaaahd in the South. A pitcher of sweet tea.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

If you must know--we awwwwwwwe dignifaaaaaaaaahd in the South. A pitcher of bourbon.

fixed.

11. FLMountainMan

Actually, it does. It's a thing that makes me happy, so I'll detail it. I love it - it's honestly like something out of a movie. I have confederate jasmine that wraps around my porch posts and my dog usually comes out there too. I have the radio usually tuned to a baseball game and, no lie, I sometimes bring out a banjo and pluck it. The GF and I will read or play cards and if the guys come over, we'll do the same or sometimes break out the cigars.

The beer, though, is usually canned Modelo or Corona. Or as Thomas alluded to, a ginger ale and bourbon. If it's really hot, a pitcher of John Dalies.

12. Max82

Max82 Member

My family, My job, My shoes and My Mercedes [​IMG]

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

The beer, though, is usually canned Modelo or Corona.
    This hurts my heart.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Actually, it does. It's a thing that makes me happy, so I'll detail it. I love it - it's honestly like something out of a movie. I have confederate jasmine that wraps around my porch posts and my dog usually comes out there too. I have the radio usually tuned to a baseball game and, no lie, I sometimes bring out a banjo and pluck it. The GF and I will read or play cards and if the guys come over, we'll do the same or sometimes break out the cigars.

The beer, though, is usually canned Modelo or Corona. Or as Thomas alluded to, a ginger ale and bourbon. If it's really hot, a pitcher of John Dalies.

This hurts my heart.

When we were in Cancun last year I spent an afternoon and evening played beach volleyball with a bunch of locals: teens and some of their fathers and uncles. I held the court with a rotating team for a long time, and when we did lose, I got picked up on the challenging team, so I never really rested. Eventually one of the old guys cracked open a Modelo and handed it to me - which I ended up drinking between points - and it was really damn good. So I endorse the canned Modelo.

15. FLMountainMan

When we were in Cancun last year I spent an afternoon and evening played beach volleyball with a bunch of locals: teens and some of their fathers and uncles. I held the court with a rotating team for a long time, and when we did lose, I got picked up on the challenging team, so I never really rested. Eventually one of the old guys cracked open a Modelo and handed it to me - which I ended up drinking between points - and it was really damn good. So I endorse the canned Modelo.

[​IMG] And I realize this marks me as a SF Plebe (in addition to so many other things), but I greatly prefer canned beer to bottled beer. I have a weird thing in general about drinking from glass and canned beer stays colder longer anyway. And crunching the can afterwards is quite fulfilling.