things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Just gave a guy, who sits behind me at work, the Heimlich maneuver. I'm not sure whether or not it made a difference. At any rate he is find and laughing about the whole thing now.

Was it awkward when your boner pushed against him?

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Just got an internship offer from a small venture capital firm!

will most likely decline in favor of a full time position, though.

still, feels great!

Congrats! So, do you have a full-time position lined up?

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I have an interview with the SVP of an investment bank [​IMG]
    He's going to be so dissapointed.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

This could just be me, but I'm at an age where I'm pretty proud if anyone nearby is sporting wood. It means I'm still young and virile. Or, if I want to see the dark side of things, it could mean that my Rescuer has a thing for older-types. But you wouldn't know anything about that kind of thing.

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

This could just be me, but I'm at an age where I'm pretty proud if anyone nearby is sporting wood. It means I'm still young and virile. Or, if I want to see the dark side of things, it could mean that my Rescuer has a thing for older-types. But you wouldn't know anything about that kind of thing.

You've actually seen another man's erection in real life?

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Congrats! So, do you have a full-time position lined up?
    No, which is why he's turning down this opportunity.

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I have an interview with the SVP of an investment bank [​IMG]

I know I always give you all kinds of shit, but good luck Jon! Hope it works out.

8. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Just got an internship offer from a small venture capital firm!

will most likely decline in favor of a full time position, though.

still, feels great!

Internship could very well lead you to a full time position with the firm.

Don't be so quick to decline.

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Actually I found the whole thing to be quite erotic. It's not often that I find myself in a situation where I am able to subtly express my homosexuality. I guess you could say that my sexual re-education therapy didn't take.

10. janeagrasser

janeagrasser Member

My family and children make me happy.

11. Nil

Nil Senior member

It was 103 degrees here yesterday and shortly after getting home from a long work day, the power for this entire area goes out. I kill time for awhile, expecting it to come back on but then I'm told by a neighbor it won't be until tomorrow (today that is). As it's still about 95 degrees when the sun starts to go down, sitting in a sweltering un-airconditioned house with no fans while I'm hungry and wanting dinner doesn't appeal to me, so I mosey on down to this bar a few blocks away to eat and get drunk so I can fall asleep in the unbearable heat.

At this point, I was contemplating making a "things that are pissing you off" post but my phone was low on batteries and I wanted to conserve the remaining juice in case I had to make some phone calls. So I sit there, drinking some rather good summer ale after dinner when this gay guy approaches me, asking if I had a cigarette I can bum him. Alas, not smoking at the time, I have none. However, he's rather friendly and asks, since I am alone, if I'd like to join him and his friend. Now I know you're all thinking I'm getting hit on by a gay guy, but his friend turns out to be this smoking hot girl. 5'6"ish, slim yet curvy, mildly-alt appearance, and a good self-deprecating sense of humor.

We drink beer, share some good laughs, and I end the night by getting her number. Nothing like a shitty night pulling a 180 and turning out really, really good.

12. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

We drink beer, share some good laughs, and I end the night by getting her number. Nothing like a shitty night pulling a 180 and turning out really, really good.

Sweet! Hope that works out for you.

Speaking of unplanned trips to the local watering hold, I found out my wife wouldn't be home for dinner so I decided to try the $1 tacos at the local tavern. I'll be doing that again.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Just gave a guy, who sits behind me at work, the Heimlich maneuver. I'm not sure whether or not it made a difference. At any rate he is find and laughing about the whole thing now.

in some cultures, this would mean you own him.

You've actually seen another man's erection in real life?

have you?

+++

I never really do this, think this was the first time I did in a very long time- but yesterday was a fucking slow day at work so I ditched mid-afternoon, called up a friend, and just spent the rest of the working day in a bar. sometimes, it just had to be done.

14. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

In front of several neighbors, I confronted this asshole who has been driving aimlessly around my neighborhood for months, drinking beer and then chucking the empties out the window and onto our yards. It was awesome. Really glad the neighbors were there, it kept me calmer than I would've been normally. Chewed the guy out, had him apologize, and then told him to leave and if he came back through the neighborhood I'd call the cops. It was really incredible how compliant he was. I guess the neighbors watching from their porch helped out.

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

In front of several neighbors, I confronted this asshole who has been driving aimlessly around my neighborhood for months, drinking beer and then chucking the empties out the window and onto our yards. It was awesome. Really glad the neighbors were there, it kept me calmer than I would've been normally. Chewed the guy out, had him apologize, and then told him to leave and if he came back through the neighborhood I'd call the cops. It was really incredible how compliant he was. I guess the neighbors watching from their porch helped out.

I said this when I saw this on Facebook, but I'll repeat it here:

You, my friend, have encountered what I call the "Fight Club" life philosophy. As the Narrator notes when Tyler tells them to pick a fight and lose, people will do just about anything to avoid conflict.

I've used this philosophy a number of times in the past, and you'd be shocked at how often it has worked to my advantage. I'm not a big (or intimidating) guy. In fact, a fair number of the people I've confronted at least looked like they could tear off and whip my ass, but they never do. Every single time so far they've complied. Indeed, I've even joked that it's worked so many times that I could now get my ass kicked and it would still be worth it.

Oh, and congrats on getting the guy to take a hike. Here's hoping he stays away.