things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

you will enjoy this.
    I'm looking forward to it. I sort of have some training, sparsely collected over the past year or so, but I've never had an instructor. I figure after the 6 months I'll be good with the classes and can look into private lessons or something like that. The instructor at the school charges $100 an hour though. Fuck that.
    Pretty cool when you get to know someone, or think you do, and then they show you a whole 'nother side that just blows you away. People are never predictable. We focus a lot on here about bros or wominz having crazy-sizes or whatnot, but it's cool when it goes the other way - some people have hidden talents that, for whatever reason, they don't share too much.
    Previously undiscovered sexual talent from the lady love?

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I'm looking forward to it. I sort of have some training, sparsely collected over the past year or so, but I've never had an instructor. I figure after the 6 months I'll be good with the classes and can look into private lessons or something like that. The instructor at the school charges $100 an hour though. Fuck that.

?

here's what I would suggest - do what you can with the group lessons and then see if you can get a boxing private coach, they are usually a lot cheaper, and one critisism I have of US krav schools is that they neglect technique to work on agression in the early levels. so you will want to improve your striking technique in about 6 months. good luck

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Pretty cool when you get to know someone, or think you do, and then they show you a whole 'nother side that just blows you away.

Been there. [​IMG]

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

new episode of game of thrones cumming out tonight!

5. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

I plan to seriously go through this process over the next few years. When we move into our next house I want to have things stripped down to essentials.
    It's a pretty awesome feeling. On another happy note, I found a good amp! I've decided to keep the old futons and opt for it instead.

6. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

It's a pretty awesome feeling.

On another happy note, I found a good amp! I've decided to keep the old futons and opt for it instead.

agreed. i do this once a year... gives you that "new" feeling

7. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Loving my summer classes, loving my major.

Also this is the first time that I haven't worked while going to school; it's really nice to study and have a shit ton of free time.

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

just had a water fight with the kids. im drenched and freezing, and i could not be happier.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Wait, no. Last I heard, Jon is employed. He's just..rather passionate when it comes to the job market.
    I'm hardly the only one. And I had a great shoulder workout today. [​IMG]

10. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Previously undiscovered sexual organ from the lady love?

FTFY

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

here's what I would suggest - do what you can with the group lessons and then see if you can get a boxing private coach, they are usually a lot cheaper, and one critisism I have of US krav schools is that they neglect technique to work on agression in the early levels. so you will want to improve your striking technique in about 6 months. good luck
    Thanks for the advice Z.
    FTFY
    [​IMG]

12. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I have a cover story for an upcoming special edition magazine, it is a big deal obvi.

Had some sources for interviews, never heard back, just got two of the key interviews i needed done this morning, the story can now start to take shape! And just a few days after deadline. [​IMG]

Also, my pants are too big for me now.

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i watched "despicable me" last night with the family. if that movie does not make you happy you seriously need to reevaluate your life.

14. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I had a great weekend with the family. girls had a ballet recietal on saturday, then spent the afternoon at a playground. sunday my son had a piano receital then spent the afternoon at an amusment park. for the first time, bought season tickets to an amusement park, with season parking. the idea is to try to go 4-5 times over the season. the season tickets are 1.5 entries, so after the second time it has paid for itself, if we can avoid spending too much on shit in the park. we'll see how it goes. also, going this early in the season was great, the park was empty.

15. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

GF and I are really considering sailing classes this summer. I haven't been in a very long time and she never has. Would be great.