things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Just took my first shit since Saturday. God it feels good. Regular bowel movements are a highly underrated part of a happy life.

I hate to break this to you but the older I get the more I realize that probably 75% of a person's daily happiness revolves around the digestion being good, having gotten a good night's sleep, and not having one of your (growing) number of chronic pains flaring up.

ok I know that this reflects poorly upon my character, but I was just flipping through Facebook pics of some girls I went to highschool with.

So I'm just there thinking: "almost 20 years on....you could never land me!"

This made me happy.

I've done something similar and it has made me happy. Seeing anyone from my high school days, and almost to a person, they look 10-15 years older than me, have some shitty blue collar job, usually have kids from 2-3 different relationships, and generally have sucky lives.

Of course, there are a few exceptions, with one or two probably looking at my life and feeling good about themselves. [​IMG]

2. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Decided I'm going to join the Air Force after I graduate. Is nice to have some vague sense of a plan.

3. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

^^ graduate high school or college?

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Decided I'm going to join the Air Force after I graduate. Is nice to have some vague sense of a plan.
    Good for you. (0)

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Weather is great and Mrs. Piob and I have the day off work. Lazy morning with good coffee and making plans for the day. Life is very good at this moment.

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I hate to break this to you but the older I get the more I realize that probably 75% of a person's daily happiness revolves around the digestion being good, having gotten a good night's sleep, and not having one of your (growing) number of chronic pains flaring up.

(...)

Duuude, you're not THAT much older than me, are you?! I think I'll put off turning 40 for a few more years, if that's the case!

I'm the first of four generations to not serve in the armed forces, and in some ways I feel like I missed out on something. Good luck man.

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Smart decision. I tried and they rejected me [​IMG] Life worked out pretty well for me anyway, but I always regret not doing it.

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i just finished one of my favorite snacks. jalapeno chips and a hershy bar. dont call it gross till you try it.

this post has been made possible thanks to the generous contributions of FLMM

9. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So I've read three papers today had a good lunch cashed a big check saw the new will ferrell movie and am now at a cigar bar. Love vacation

10. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I quit my job!

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I've been making an effort on my end to get some physical and mental self improvement going on. I dropped the weight that I'd put on last semester, got my self confidence back I'n order, and got a good (somewhat douchy) haircut 4 days ago. Huge change. I've always been good with ladies, but it's been game- never been lusted by the super fine chicas (different story with gay guys). In the last 2 days I've been actively pursued by 5 damn fine ladies. Literally had to push one off of me yesterday, and another pulled my friend aside asking for help landing me. I feel ballin' as hell.
    That's great news G. Did you decide if you're going to see a professional?
    That's excellent. Why'd you choose the AF over the other branches?
    ^^ graduate high school or college?
    He's in HS
    I quit my job!
    Mazel Tov! Welcome to the unemployment line!

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I quit my job!

That can be a great feeling.

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

90/100 raw score on my lin alg final!!! fuck yes. and I'm sure the average will be at least a 75/100. deans list is looking possible for this semester. unbelievable happy.

14. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

It's going to be a busy week.

[​IMG]

15. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

That's great news G. Did you decide if you're going to see a professional?
    I'm out of the woods it looks like. I think having my confidence back to where it was is all that I needed. I'm past the insecurity. I got a touch itchy when she mentioned a fighter that she met while out with her friends, but then considered it in light of my situation and realized it's not a problem. I'm not going to run off with the girls from last night, and she's back by my side at the end of the night. She has no reason to do anything to hurt me, and I have options if she does. I think after sex I won't even have to logic my way around it. The fact that it hasn't been consummated yet seems to be the last barrier to 100% confidence here, and only because waiting is new territory for me. As it stands I'm not getting jealous of little things and even the jealousy that does occur is easily manageable and doesn't interfere with our happiness. Edit: the goalpost has moved because of the success. I have one week post boan to be jealousy free before I go to a pro.