things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Alter

Alter Senior member

Please share pics so we can share your happiness.

For a second there I thought you were replying to Nil's post. [​IMG]

2. BP348

BP348 Senior member

Basically know next to nothing about computers. Took me several hours but I was able to get rid of a virus I picked up. [​IMG]

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

What's the tradeoff? Do you have to stick around and teach for x number of years?

no, I work for the school (TA'ing to start, eventually teaching) during my 2 years

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

so I've been dealing with some depression the past few weeks or whatever, and tonight a bunch of my buddies went to a lax formal. I decided to stay in to study. just got a text from my boy saying "wish you were here." feels good man.

VCU and staying here and getting an MA in history (for free even!)

baller status.

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

so I've been dealing with some depression the past few weeks or whatever, and tonight a bunch of my buddies went to a lax formal. I decided to stay in to study. just got a text from my boy saying "wish you were here." feels good man.

glad youre feeling good, chin up bmore friend [​IMG]

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I'm on vacation. Ftw.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Sweating hard after hitting 100 several times on I95 and running full tilt thru PHL but I'm on the plane with minutes to spare.
    Glad you made it safely.

I'm ashamed to say that I had to do that once, except I was driving 95 -100 nearly all the way to the airport. I woke up late for an early flight that I couldn't miss. I was glad to make the flight, but terrified at the thought of what could have happened in route. Never again.

8. Matt

Matt [email protected]

ok I know that this reflects poorly upon my character, but I was just flipping through Facebook pics of some girls I went to highschool with.

So I'm just there thinking: "almost 20 years on....you could never land me!"

This made me happy.

9. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

ok I know that this reflects poorly upon my character, but I was just flipping through Facebook pics of some girls I went to highschool with.

This made me happy.

I feel the same way. Ashamed, but happy nonetheless. [​IMG]

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

This made me happy.

I feel the same way. Ashamed, but happy nonetheless. [​IMG]

14 more years! Maybe I'll be the same! [​IMG]

11. Matt

Matt [email protected]

14 more years! Maybe I'll be the same! [​IMG]
    nah. probably not.

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

nah. probably not.

I know.

13. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Glad you made it safely. I'm ashamed to say that I had to do that once, except I was driving 95 -100 nearly all the way to the airport. I woke up late for an early flight that I couldn't miss. I was glad to make the flight, but terrified at the thought of what could have happened in route. Never again.
    Thanks, this was pretty brutal. I live in Baltimore but for a variety of reasons I opted to fly out of Philly, a tactic I've used a few times before when I can't get the flights I want from home. It should be about an hour and a half drive but there was a massive backup at the damned Delaware turnpike. That's a whole other [​IMG] that that state often causes huge backups to tax people for the 20 miles they drive thru the state but I've never seen it northbound in the middle of the day. I was cutting it a bit close anyways but I wasn't checking bags and had my boarding pass but I lost 45 minutes or an hour in the backup and I was definitely sweating it out. I was meeting a colleague on the flight (he flew to PHL) and it really was going to be embarrassing and possibly a major issue as we have meetings this morning.

14. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

I've been making an effort on my end to get some physical and mental self improvement going on. I dropped the weight that I'd put on last semester, got my self confidence back I'n order, and got a good (somewhat douchy) haircut 4 days ago. Huge change.

I've always been good with ladies, but it's been game- never been lusted by the super fine chicas (different story with gay guys). In the last 2 days I've been actively pursued by 5 damn fine ladies. Literally had to push one off of me yesterday, and another pulled my friend aside asking for help landing me. I feel ballin' as hell.

15. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I've been making an effort on my end to get some physical and mental self improvement going on. I dropped the weight that I'd put on last semester, got my self confidence back I'n order, and got a good (somewhat douchy) haircut 4 days ago. Huge change.

I've always been good with ladies, but it's been game- never been lusted by the super fine chicas (different story with gay guys). In the last 2 days I've been actively pursued by 5 damn fine ladies. Literally had to push one off of me yesterday, and another pulled my friend aside asking for help landing me. I feel ballin' as hell.

Great success!!!