things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Shetland sweaters.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Oh no! My throat is sore. I better eat a box of these. [​IMG]

3. MasterOfReality

MasterOfReality Senior member

Parents coming up to spend Xmas and January at my place.

Mortgage - 3 years left.

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

5. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    Last night I was honored to sing at The Kennedy Center Honors. At the end of it there I was about 200 ft from The POTUS and First Lady, Paul McCartney, Oprah Winfrey, Jerry Herman, Bill T Jones, and Merle Haggard...all of them stood up and clapped for me. I could have just fallen over dead right there. [​IMG] Today is a beautiful day. I just want to carry the energy of yesterday through my life. All of those people gathered in one room for the purpose of honoring the achievements of others was powerful and moving. I'll share more info as the show gets closer to airing date, Dec. 28th

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

^Incredible. Congrats!

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

My little boy is making me happy these days. Today he got his yellow belt in karate...he has been keeping at it for around three years now and I truthfully thought he would want to give it up after the first few weeks.

Very cool!

very cool. I am having trouble getting my boy to stick to any sport

I'm having the same issue, but there are a few other factors at work. The bottom line in our house is that I'm requiring that our son commit for a year before we start. That - IMHO - is the bare minimum to get to a reasonable level of proficiency, and before that year is up I expect tears on his behalf and an expression of desire to quit - but tough toodles, man. A year is a year. We're coming up on a year with the guitar lessons - and I suspect he wants to stick with them.

Last night I was honored to sing at The Kennedy Center Honors. At the end of it there I was about 200 ft from The POTUS and First Lady, Paul McCartney, Oprah Winfrey, Jerry Herman, Bill T Jones, and Merle Haggard...all of them stood up and clapped for me. I could have just fallen over dead right there. [​IMG]

Today is a beautiful day. I just want to carry the energy of yesterday through my life. All of those people gathered in one room for the purpose of honoring the achievements of others was powerful and moving.

I'll share more info as the show gets closer to airing date, Dec. 28th

Congratulations!

8. Alter

Alter Senior member

Last night I was honored to sing at The Kennedy Center Honors. At the end of it there I was about 200 ft from The POTUS and First Lady, Paul McCartney, Oprah Winfrey, Jerry Herman, Bill T Jones, and Merle Haggard...all of them stood up and clapped for me. I could have just fallen over dead right there. [​IMG]

Today is a beautiful day. I just want to carry the energy of yesterday through my life. All of those people gathered in one room for the purpose of honoring the achievements of others was powerful and moving.

Fantastic! What a great accomplishment. You must have talent and have worked hard to get to this point. Congratulations!

9. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I now have a Brooks Bros. corporate membership card. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Don't you have your son enrolled in around 15 different activities?

well, he does chess, piano, hebrew and spanish, then one sport at any given time. he's tried a few ball sports and a few non-ball sports. right now swimming seems to be what he likes. we'll see if that lasts.

11. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I'm having the same issue, but there are a few other factors at work. The bottom line in our house is that I'm requiring that our son commit for a year before we start. That - IMHO - is the bare minimum to get to a reasonable level of proficiency, and before that year is up I expect tears on his behalf and an expression of desire to quit - but tough toodles, man. A year is a year. We're coming up on a year with the guitar lessons - and I suspect he wants to stick with them.!

wow. you've even tougher than me - I make him commit to a season.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

wow. you've even tougher than me - I make him commit to a season.

I did that with baseball and it worked okay, except that he lacked a lot of the basic proficiencies and wasn't willing to work hard enough to come up to speed. So right now he's talking soccer and football, and in either case he's got a lot of conditioning to do beforehand since he's so badly out of shape, so that year includes getting himself prepared for the workload to come.

Funny thing about the guitar lessons: he had a few spells where he was in the doghouse and lost privileges, but I still took him to guitar lessons - the twist being that instead of doing fun/compositional/goofing off, I had the teacher make him work on chords, which he hates. I even sat in the room with them to keep the teacher from getting distracted/going off on a tangent.

13. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

I now have a Brooks Bros. corporate membership card. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'd work on the corporate part before you work on the discount part.

14. ysc

ysc Senior member

I got an 'A' on the first bit of written work for my Msc. The marker called it a "very well written and passionate polemic", which is pretty kick ass. I was worried I had screwed myself, I had some good ideas but I left all the writing and serious research till the day it was due in. Turned out ok though.

If I can actually get some damn revision done for the exams I have in 10 days I will be even happier.

15. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

Fantastic!
    I never cease to be amazed by the talented bunch of people who gather here at SF.

Congratulations on being invited to perform, CC.