• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

things that are making you happy

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
An acquaintance started an OnlyFans called OnlyFlags that is devoted to Vexillology (study of flags) content.

Fantastic! For several years I spent a lot of time in cold stinky hockey rinks filled w/ a lot of cretinous parents and terribly disgusting food. One of the bright spots (besides watching our sons' games) was the much younger (he was probably 7) sibling of one of their teammates who was really into flags & capitols. He knew every country's, all of the U.S. states, and those of many provinces/regions/etc. of major countries in the world. It was a bit idiot savant-ish, but the little guy could not be stumped.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll say I actually used to have every national flag memorized (used one of those spaced repetition flashcard apps on my commute).

The guy who made this used to run a bar trivia game and flag questions would come up pretty often. There was always a picture round of some sort, and if this venture is any indication, this guy just likes flags.

Its a shame he stopped doing it when he had a kid--it was by far the best bar trivia place I've ever been to. Great question mix, funny presenter, nice prizes every round (round of drinks, appetize, shots, etc.) We tried a number of replacement venues but most were run by various "Trivia Companies" that just run games all around town. Presenters were a mixed bag and the questions were often really heavy on sports trivia and basic-white-girl pop culture...and they were usually in high volume bars that were super loud and had slow service because of the crowd.

Was the closest I ever came to being a "regular" somewhere. Same waitress, usually sitting at the same table, etc...decent food, good beer list. Place also used to have a 23-year-old age minimum which kept out the big student crowd that frequented many of the other nearby bars.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This kid was humbly proud of his talent and initially seemed pleased to be showing it off. Whenever questioned or shown a random flag he would furrow his brow and 'pretend' concentrate for a few seconds before correctly answering, but after a couple games he got tired of being the freak show's main attraction and lost interest. He still answered everything correctly, but he would pretty much ignore us, and only glance over when shown a flag before mumbling his reply as he concentrated on his video game

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This kid was humbly proud of his talent and initially seemed pleased to be showing it off. Whenever questioned or shown a random flag he would furrow his brow and 'pretend' concentrate for a few seconds before correctly answering, but after a couple games he got tired of being the freak show's main attraction and lost interest. He still answered everything correctly, but he would pretty much ignore us, and only glance over when shown a flag before mumbling his reply as he concentrated on his video game
I like the self-awareness of what you as a parent were doing to the poor boy and simultaneously, the utter insouciance to his plight.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How long have you been waiting to use ‘insouciance’ in a poast?

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the self-awareness of what you as a parent were doing to the poor boy and simultaneously, the utter insouciance to his plight.
Did you have to phone a friend in order to get that word spelled correctly?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll say I actually used to have every national flag memorized (used one of those spaced repetition flashcard apps on my commute).

The guy who made this used to run a bar trivia game and flag questions would come up pretty often. There was always a picture round of some sort, and if this venture is any indication, this guy just likes flags.

Its a shame he stopped doing it when he had a kid--it was by far the best bar trivia place I've ever been to. Great question mix, funny presenter, nice prizes every round (round of drinks, appetize, shots, etc.) We tried a number of replacement venues but most were run by various "Trivia Companies" that just run games all around town. Presenters were a mixed bag and the questions were often really heavy on sports trivia and basic-white-girl pop culture...and they were usually in high volume bars that were super loud and had slow service because of the crowd.

Was the closest I ever came to being a "regular" somewhere. Same waitress, usually sitting at the same table, etc...decent food, good beer list. Place also used to have a 23-year-old age minimum which kept out the big student crowd that frequented many of the other nearby bars.
I used to be a regular at a bar trivia, until the bar canceled it and went with one of those companies that does themed trivia. We've tried to find another place ever since (well, pre-covid), and nothing has met the standard. If I didn't work nights, I'd start a hardcore trivia company to cater to all the nerds who watch Jeopardy every day.

Sports trivia got a groan from most teams, but we had a guy who was great at it.

The themed trivia is ridiculous. I went to a Harry Potter one with a friend who has read the books at least 5 times, and we came in like 8th place. Questions like "What is the 147th word on page 374 of 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince?'" and half the teams get it.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to be a regular at a bar trivia, until the bar canceled it and went with one of those companies that does themed trivia. We've tried to find another place ever since (well, pre-covid), and nothing has met the standard. If I didn't work nights, I'd start a hardcore trivia company to cater to all the nerds who watch Jeopardy every day.

Sports trivia got a groan from most teams, but we had a guy who was great at it.

The themed trivia is ridiculous. I went to a Harry Potter one with a friend who has read the books at least 5 times, and we came in like 8th place. Questions like "What is the 147th word on page 374 of 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince?'" and half the teams get it.
Is there a which step mom/sister got stuck in an appliance with which step brother category?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I didn't work nights, I'd start a hardcore trivia company to cater to all the nerds who watch Jeopardy every day.
We did once go to a bar that was known for a really hardcore trivia game...

But the night we went, they had a Mean Girls themed round as a joke (runner up of the previous week gets to choose a category for next week).

The trivia itself was hard AF, but we knocked that Mean Girls round out of the park while everyone else flubbed it. Combine that with a middle of the road performance on the other rounds and we ended up taking second!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We did once go to a bar that was known for a really hardcore trivia game...

But the night we went, they had a Mean Girls themed round as a joke (runner up of the previous week gets to choose a category for next week).

The trivia itself was hard AF, but we knocked that Mean Girls round out of the park while everyone else flubbed it. Combine that with a middle of the road performance on the other rounds and we ended up taking second!
That's so fetch!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 71 33.8%