1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Just got back from my pain management shots. Smooth sailing this time. I was worried that I'd end up with a Spinal headache like last time. DO NOT WANT to ever have to go through that again.

2. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Pics or it didn't happen.

I like my job way too much to risk taking a picture of someone's ass. [​IMG]

b

3. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

I like my job way too much to risk taking a picture of someone's ass. [​IMG]

b

What a tease! At least tell us his name!

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Dude, did you read what he posted? Fixed for truth. JK bro, congratulations!

I know, but last time we met he signed for my drink and I'd be more than happy to return the favor next time we meet up. same goes for you, meng.

5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I know it's wrong, but I laughed anyway.

[​IMG]

6. Alter

Alter Senior member

just got an 11% raise, making me an official baller. really can't complain. this also, I believe, makes me one of the maybe 5 best paid people in the company. considering that that includes a whole hell of a lot of people with good MBAs, who are 10 plus years older than me and have been at the company for 25 plus years, this is a great tribute. I am really thrilled.

Fantastic news, Z! Congrats!

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

My new memorabilia acquisitions. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. robbie

robbie Senior member

that harriman pin is cool ^

my electric bill was cut almost exactly in half this month, leaving my wife and I with a little extra to stash away and a little extra to spend foolishly.

my boss was gone today

I may have sold a typewriter I am refurbishing for almost as much as I make at my BS job in a week.

-rF

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

10. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Harvey, your posts are epic. Another funny poster -

So....about two months ago Bhowie sends me two coats and has a little note in the package that says something funny and includes "Fuck you" (no hate, it was funny in the context). So, today I go home for lunch and realize I'm pretty chilly (mid to high sixties, SUCK IT YANKEES) when I get ready to leave. Run back inside and grab the Oxxford coat Bhowie sent, which I hadn't worn yet. Short walk to my jeep, get in and go to work. I have to park a few blocks away, so I put on the coat. Another co-worker sees me and we walk together. I feel a piece of paper in the coat pocket and think "Oh, I must've saved the "fuck you" note he sent with the coats. I probably shouldn't open that in front of my co-worker." So I leave it in there.

Hit up a meeting at 12:30. It's a typical mind-numbingly boring meeting and even worse given that it's cut short most of the attendees' lunch break. I came to the meeting right from my car, so I figure I'll use the note I saved and doodle on the back of it.

I take out the note, unfold it, and it's a different note, a new note. It's a color shot, probably 5x7, of the "Lemon Party" pic and a caption that says "with love." I immediately begin to laugh. It's really noticeable, so I stifle my laughter as best I can, dash out of the room and laugh my ass off in the hallway. Honestly had tears from it.

Was asked about it later and all I could come up with and not sound gay or homophobic (ironic, huh?) was a lame "my girlfriend left a really funny note in my jacket this morning. I just now found it."

I think in a "funniest posters on SF" poll, Harvey and Bhowie would definitely be top three or five.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^^^ Bhowie's tallboy of Natty Light does not say otherwise. I still chuckle about that one.

12. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

^^^ Bhowie's tallboy of Natty Light does not say otherwise. I still chuckle about that one.

I missed that story. CSFLMM - I've won money six or seven times at parties/bars by challenging bros to identify natty light in a blind taste test with bud light, coors light, and miller light. The success rate is actually less than random chance for some reason (probably a relatively small sample size). The shit all tastes the same, that's why the marketing expenditures are so disproportionate for light beer.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I missed that story. CSFLMM - I've won money six or seven times at parties/bars by challenging bros to identify natty light in a blind taste test with bud light, coors light, and miller light. The success rate is actually less than random chance for some reason (probably a relatively small sample size). The shit all tastes the same, that's why the marketing expenditures are so disproportionate for light beer.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=228784

It takes off on the second page and dies too soon. [​IMG]

14. otc

otc Senior member

[​IMG]

Just passed around a bottle of coke blak. Best By Date: October 2, 2006

We found it covered in dust when we were moving around some shelves in the office this morning...stuck it in the fridge and gave it a shot.

Tasted kind of funny. A little bit off like you had shifted the flavor towards diet. It wasn't good but it was not terrible. Our specimen had lost all of its fizz (before drinking, I found a video from a few months ago of some guy tasting old drinks that confirmed we would not die from drinking it...his was still fizzy though).

One coworker described it as kind of like watered down maple syrup...another as something like those nasty godiva liqueurs.

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Just spent 4 hours Skyping with Jamie. She is my soul mate, guys. [​IMG]

16. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

meanwhile in a different forum's "things that are pissing you off" thread...

ugh, can't believe I spent 4 hours skyping Neo. I could've watch my nail polish dry instead!

17. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Good for you, Neo.

18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ Merci! The first hour included the regular formalities ("How was your day?", etc.). I got hungry going into the second hour so I moved the laptop near the kitchen so we could talk while I made ramen. I'm lucky she was so cool with it. Lots of laughs in the third hour as she read me an erotic novel from one of her Lit classes. As the night winded down, she thought it would be funny if she wrote me a letter while I was talking to her. So I had to stare at her silently for 17 minutes while she wrote me said letter which she would mail today. Didn't matter though as she looked angelic in her hoody and polka-dotted PJs. All in all, it was a rather pleasant night. [​IMG]

19. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^ Merci!

The first hour included the regular formalities ("How was your day?", etc.). I got hungry going into the second hour so I moved the laptop near the kitchen so we could talk while I made ramen. I'm lucky she was so cool with it. Lots of laughs in the third hour as she read me an erotic novel from one of her Lit classes. As the night winded down, she thought it would be funny if she wrote me a letter while I was talking to her. So I had to stare at her silently for 17 minutes while she wrote me said letter which she would mail today. Didn't matter though as she looked angelic in her hoody and polka-dotted PJs. All in all, it was a rather pleasant night. [​IMG]

Man, you're making me nostalgic for those days. I hope it works out for you.

20. otc

otc Senior member

Man, you're making me nostalgic for those days. I hope it works out for you.

You had skype so you could see her hoody and polka dots?

I had to deal with polka dots and pink color schemes in AIM...I assume you got polka dot stationary?