• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

things that are making you happy

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ah. Well, now that I'm an employee vs. The Man, it's my turn baby!

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@otc @brokencycle
You inceptioned me. Over the weekend I got a craving, so I went to the Culver's they opened by me. I had a double bacon cheeseburger and curds. The burger was just what I was craving. The curds didn't squeak, but they were melty and good.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I already know I'm leaving Q1 and Q2 on the table as those don't pay to March. I did manage to burn off all my egregious sign on bonus though as that's influencing my resignation date. Also, calling in sick Thursday and Friday prior to next week's resignation as they cut off PTO upon resignation. I'll only be leaving a few days in my bank. :)
That sucks, since sounds like you've earned them, but if your firm is like most, they have a "must be employed on 12/31" clause that let's them flip you the middle finger on the way out the door with impunity. Still though, you gotta do what you gotta do in terms of what feels best, so leaving a couple of quarters bonus money on the table is a small investment in peace of mind.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That sucks, since sounds like you've earned them, but if your firm is like most, they have a "must be employed on 12/31" clause that let's them flip you the middle finger on the way out the door with impunity. Still though, you gotta do what you gotta do in terms of what feels best, so leaving a couple of quarters bonus money on the table is a small investment in peace of mind.
I'm just not going to subject myself to what might unfold over the winter months this year. For the first time in my adult life time to take a few months off, watch the world go by, and re-tool a bit for moving forward. Time to get down to 40 hours a week, no managerial headaches, and none of this 24/7/365 availability ever again.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just not going to subject myself to what might unfold over the winter months this year. For the first time in my adult life time to take a few months off, watch the world go by, and re-tool a bit for moving forward. Time to get down to 40 hours a week, no managerial headaches, and none of this 24/7/365 availability ever again.
The headaches don't go away down the ladder but I guess the managerial part goes away.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How would you find anyone to impress with your mastery of CNAFJ (Corporate Needlessly Acronym Filled Jargon)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You inceptioned me. Over the weekend I got a craving, so I went to the Culver's they opened by me. I had a double bacon cheeseburger and curds. The burger was just what I was craving. The curds didn't squeak, but they were melty and good.
I always throw a small peanut butter malt into the combo just to make it a little unhealthier.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always throw a small peanut butter malt into the combo just to make it a little unhealthier.
I looked it up, and it isn't that terrible for you. A double bacon cheeseburger is 760 calories + 510 calories for a regular order of curds. A Chipotle burrito could easily be 1200+ calories (cheese + sour cream + guac can easily push it to 1400+)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The headaches don't go away down the ladder but I guess the managerial part goes away.
It won't be up to me to problem solve everyone's problems, people won't constantly want my attention (both upstream and downstream) for their issues/concerns/problems, I'll get OT, and the job stops when I'm not at work. That last part is priceless for piece of mind.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a standing desk for the new house and am liking it so far. Went with the basic desk from Uplift so I can sit of stand with the touch of a button. Didn't get the 60" desk for the free under desk hammock.

Reactions: otc

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
New bit of enjoyment: promising corporate all kinds of things will be implemented/improved/rolled out/fixed by Dec 1.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's