• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

things that are making you happy

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your air quality indexies are bullshit. Higher numbers should be better.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
For the last couple of weeks I've noticed this morbidly obese woman on the walking path that stretches along the initial length of road I take to and fro work. Half the time she's got a cig going, half the time she's on the phone, and always she has a Big Gulp with her. What makes me happy is that she's out there walking. I think it's pretty cool and hope it's the start of a turn around for her health.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the last couple of weeks I've noticed this morbidly obese woman on the walking path that stretches along the initial length of road I take to and fro work. Half the time she's got a cig going, half the time she's on the phone, and always she has a Big Gulp with her. What makes me happy is that she's out there walking. I think it's pretty cool and hope it's the start of a turn around for her health.
Just in case there’s a tinge of sarcasm in this poast, I’ll have you know that there’s Diet Coke in that Big Gulp...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I give it 6 months...
Just in case there’s a tinge of sarcasm in this poast, I’ll have you know that there’s Diet Coke in that Big Gulp...
I had an obese girl work next to my cubicle when I was younger.
She showed up every morning ( late ) with a giant diet coke. Then she'd put on headphones and sing Outkast songs.
She called me "Puddin"

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I worked with an obese man once. He'd piss in milk jugs and hang them by his bedside.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Was his name Ricky?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All of the really overweight people at my work would eat fast food like 4 days a week. If they cut that down to like 2 days a week and ate healthy the other days, they’d probably drop like 10-15 lbs in 3 months easily.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I worked on a software rollout at a hospital. It was critical care system so it was a high pressure situation, and we worked around the clock for 72 hours to complete it.

Our project manager was an obese man. About 48 hours in, one of the RNs working on the project noticed that the PM’s lips were turning blue - he was in the midst of a coronary infarction.

I got a battlefield promotion to finish the project. The PM survived but did not come back to the job.

The product was the atrociously named “Last Word” from “Phamis”.

“Hang on while I put my notes in your record in Phamis Last Word”

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I worked on a software rollout at a hospital. It was critical care system so it was a high pressure situation, and we worked around the clock for 72 hours to complete it.

Our project manager was an obese man. About 48 hours in, one of the RNs working on the project noticed that the PM’s lips were turning blue - he was in the midst of a coronary infarction.

I got a battlefield promotion to finish the project.

The product was the atrociously named “Last Word” from “Phamis”.

“Hang on while I put my notes in your record in Phamis Last Word”

The PM survived but did not come back to the job.
Not sure why, but it reminded me of a time I was working a convention at the Disneyland Hotel.
I was 19 or 20 and also in school to be a fire fighter. At the time I was right in the middle of EMT training.
A call comes over the intercom for anyone with medical knowledge to booth blah blah.
I head over and this fat guy is for sure having a heart attack. I take his tie off, lie him down, roll up his sleeves to make him comfortable. I start taking vitals, doing everything by the book.
Paramedics come rolling in, and low and behold, it's my teacher.
Lol

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
That’s almost as lucky (for the patient) as having a heart attack in a hospital.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gsu is winning after q1. This does not happen often.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford