• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

things that are making you happy

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the jibbledy thread is where i go to remind myself to not expect people to listen or care.

... oh wait that's actually just life
Oh people do care. They care in the same way a shark cares when it senses blood in the water. But still - - they care.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, good point--maybe I should have said "dumb and/or subjective." The example I always think of is Megadeth. I like James Hetfield's voice in Metallica, but Dave Mustaine's voice bugs the crap out of me, even though it's not all that different from James Hetfield's. I don't necessarily mean a singer whose voice just sucks. That's a definite no-go.
Maybe you have damage to your mente as Hetfield's voice isn't anything like Mustaine's.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Always thought Tool kinda sucked. But what I do I know, I didn't even like Nirvana back then.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have damage to your mente as Hetfield's voice isn't anything like Mustaine's.
Sure they are. I'd say Hetfield's voice is a lot closer to Mustaine's (and vice versa) than it is to, say, Roy Orbison's. They both have raspy, heavy metal voices. But I like one and don't like the other.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, good point--maybe I should have said "dumb and/or subjective." The example I always think of is Megadeth. I like James Hetfield's voice in Metallica, but Dave Mustaine's voice bugs the crap out of me, even though it's not all that different from James Hetfield's. I don't necessarily mean a singer whose voice just sucks. That's a definite no-go.
I get what you're saying. But "subjective" is kind of like "bad" in this context, in my opinion. Of course what we do or don't enjoy listening to is subjective. I don't know why we have to be sheepish about that just because our music nerd friends tell us some band that sucks ass to listen to is technically masterful.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure they are. I'd say Hetfield's voice is a lot closer to Mustaine's (and vice versa) than it is to, say, Roy Orbison's. They both have raspy, heavy metal voices. But I like one and don't like the other.
I have always hated Roy Orbison's voice. Aaron Neville's, too. Something about that high pitched, quavery sound that just grates on my nerves.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have always hated Roy Orbison's voice. Aaron Neville's, too. Something about that high pitched, quavery sound that just grates on my nerves.
Fuck you, that’s just wrong.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 83 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 138 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%