• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

things that are making you happy

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Can't be anything like my current gig, which by its very nature, requires the organization buys a table at all the other big community fund raisers. There are also various other non-profit type banquets/events we (Mrs. Piob is often subjected to this) attend. I don't talk about it much anymore, as everyone (and by that I mean @erictheobscure ) got tired of me bitching about it, but it's still there and I still dislike it greatly.

If I do jump ship there are two between TG and Xmas I will be able to avoid!

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't be anything like my current gig, which by its very nature, requires the organization buys a table at all the other big community fund raisers. There are also various other non-profit type banquets/events we (Mrs. Piob is often subjected to this) attend. I don't talk about it much anymore, as everyone (and by that I mean @erictheobscure ) got tired of me bitching about it, but it's still there and I still dislike it greatly.

If I do jump ship there are two between TG and Xmas I will be able to avoid!
Hey @Jr Mouse and @edinatlanta , Piobaire is IN this year!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's two very attractive women at this cafe who are being exceptionally affectionate--and literally in my direct line of vision.

No you perverts that's not why I'm happy. I'm happy at the great strides Dixie has made toward social acceptance.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to be a downer, but I’ll be more impressed with the level of tolerance in Dixie when that scenario is two men being exceptionally affectionate.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s why styfo meat-ups are much more rare south of the line

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not to be a downer, but I’ll be more impressed with the level of tolerance in Dixie when that scenario is two men being exceptionally affectionate.
Yeah anywhere in Atlanta and thats fine. Most of Savannah too.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Orleans has had a community ever since I lived there.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Need a palate wetter before we start with 🍸

767B5B37-6043-4471-8ED4-2C3746BBE993.jpeg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Flight was canceled thanks to hagibis. Now i can have a special gummy and watch gsu win.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
An absolutely electrifying game of Rugby just happened.

Japan defeated Scotland. in a big way. scored all the points upfront, and held the ball down through the second half Scottish flurry.
Having won all 4 games in their division, next round is a meet with up South Africa.

Whatever happens. shit is real. Japan is here to play, and they aren't playing half measure.

:lurk:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Chicken on the rotisserie and smelling good.

I have to admit when I was spec'ing out our equipment I thought, "Oh, a rotisserie. Well that's nice and I'm sure I'll use it at some point." It's now pretty much my favorite way to use the gas grill.

Lizard23

Reaction score
Nothing better than prepping a few weeknight dinners while also making a nice chicken dinner for Sunday night.

I too, had no interest in the rotisserie when I bought my grill and now use it at least once a week.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Thrift Vader next couple of week ends are going to be a feast of great rugby. Be interesting to see how far the Brave Blossoms can go In some ways they are positioned on the easier side of the draw to the final.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.