things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

gorgeous girl I've been talking to invited me up for a 5 day weekend @ her family's $2 mil beach house. It comes with access fully fueled 54' Hatteras + a fishing guide on call. To sweeten the deal, ust got off the phone with her father (whos never met me) who called to ask what my favorite single malt was so that he could make sure there was a bottle in the house before i arrived, and to let me know he left a credit card to cover any expenses during our stay.

Shes a keeper

2. EL72

EL72 Senior member

That's great. Must make you feel good as a teacher to see this. What kind of product is that?

Yeah, I'd say it's one of the few rewarding moments of teaching undergrads. I have very fond memories of that class (probably because I was still a grad student and hopelessly optimistic) and wish I was still teaching it.

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    gorgeous girl I've been talking to invited me up for a 5 day weekend @ her family's $2 mil beach house. It comes with access fully fueled 54' Hatteras + a fishing guide on call. To sweeten the deal, ust got off the phone with her father (whos never met me) who called to ask what my favorite single malt was so that he could make sure there was a bottle in the house before i arrived, and to let me know he left a credit card to cover any expenses during our stay.

Shes a keeper

Last time I had a conversation like that with a gal's father was when he asked me into the house while I was returning her home from a pretty skanky date. I was scared shitless, but all he wanted to do was thank me for "not leaving her up there in that tree".

[​IMG]

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Shes a keeper

Aren't you just a little suspicious about this whole, ummm, set-up? Suggest you conduct a few background checks, find out how the father earns his lucre, family connections, that sort of thing. Maybe I'm just the cautious type, I don't know. Hope it works well for you, and for God's sake don't leave the cannoli behind.

(I jest, I jest. sort of)

5. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I feel a new thread coming on.

Believe me, I've been storing up the anecdotes and thinking of starting one. Some of the stuff is hilarious, but none of it as good as the Pat stuff. She's quite a character. Several are actually idiotic stuff that I did as well.

The funny thing about the Pat thread? I actually toned the stories down to preserve anonymity.

6. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Last time I had a conversation like that with a gal's father was when he asked me into the house while I was returning her home from a pretty skanky date. I was scared shitless, but all he wanted to do was thank me for "not leaving her up there in that tree".

[​IMG]

love that joke

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Found out today that I will be graduating with honors.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

1. somebody asked me for some introductions - basically a businessman I don't know but has heard of me asked me to introduce him to some distributors. I said sure, for 1,000 bucks a name, in advance. he agreed. basically, its a matter of opening my address book and making a few calls.

2. spent the afternoon at the beach with my family and about 30-40 friends and aquintences from my son's school. the beach is within walking distrance of our home. a lot of fun

9. romafan

romafan Senior member

1. somebody asked me for some introductions - basically a businessman I don't know but has heard of me asked me to introduce him to some distributors. I said sure, for 1,000 bucks a name, in advance. he agreed. basically, its a matter of opening my address book and making a few calls.

Give him A-Z and pay for a couple of college tuitions!

Now this could only happen to a guy like me
    And only happen in a town like this.
    So may I say to each of you most gratefully
    As I throw each one of you a kiss:

This is my kind of town.
    Chicago is,
    My kind of town,Chicago is,
    My kind of people, too;
    People who smile at you,
    And each time I roam, Chicago is,
    Callin' me home, Chicago is,
    One town that won't let you down;
    It's my kind of town.

My kind of town.
    Chicago is my kind of town.
    Chicago is my kind of razzmatazz
    And it has all that jazz,

And each time I leave, Chicago is,
    Tuggin' my sleeve, Chicago is,
    The Wrigley Building,Chicago is,
    The Union Stockyards, Chicago is,
    One town that won't let you down;
    It's my kind of town.

10. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I'm getting health insurance starting on the 15th. Considering how the past two weeks have gone this is one of the greatest things to ever happen to me.

11. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Daughter graduated from middle school today. Having won the school's history student prize yesterday.

Three years well spent-- by her, her teachers, and her parents.

12. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

Aren't you just a little suspicious about this whole, ummm, set-up? Suggest you conduct a few background checks, find out how the father earns his lucre, family connections, that sort of thing. Maybe I'm just the cautious type, I don't know. Hope it works well for you, and for God's sake don't leave the cannoli behind.

(I jest, I jest. sort of)

Luckily I know the answers to all of those things and they are legit. Their family is not Italian, Russian, hispanic (insert Colombian, Mexican... or any of the other "an"s that are know for their drug lords) so I think I'm safe, though if I stop posting for more than a week or two you may want to contact the proper authorities

13. Alter

Alter Senior member

Daughter graduated from middle school today. Having won the school's history student prize yesterday.

Three years well spent-- by her, her teachers, and her parents.

Congratulations! That feeling of pride is truly one of the most precious feelings to have. I was nearly bawling when my boy finished kindergarten..I can't even imagine when he graduates elementary or middle school.

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I'm under a new management structure where I now have four bosses, who rotate supervision of me. Yes, it is as big a clusterf*ck as it sounds.
    You are now eligible for the remake of Office Space.
    Found out today that I will be graduating with honors.
    Congrats dude! Now go get a job you damn bum. You can work for me if you want. We pay $9.00 starting out. The restaurant could always use a new dishwasher. [​IMG]

Speaking of the restaurant, making me happy is this:
    I'm taking over as co-sous chef of this restaurant in a few weeks. Basically, they want me to run each station for a full week, so I can learn all the stations and that way I'm not just talking out my ass once I become the co-sous. So last week I did the easy garde manger station, nothin to it. Tonight I started the grill station. Most of you know that my only real experience working the line in a high volume place is well..... none. I worked the line at my last place of work, but our "full nights" were only 86 covers, and the only other stations I've ever worked at a high volume place was garde manger, which is bitch work. But tonight we did 500 covers on a fuckin Wednesday, I was on a brand new station, and I OWNED that shit. [​IMG]

Now I'm all pumped up and can't get to sleep, but I have to be back in 8 hours. [​IMG]

15. OldSchoolCharm

OldSchoolCharm Senior member