things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. nootje

nootje Senior member

kwilk, congrats!

as for me... the last two months had been a true dip, to summarize: two deals fell through leaving me without an income, a quarrel with the family forced me to move from my apartment the first of juli and I lost my drivers licence for three months due to speeding (easier then one thinks here in the netherlands).

BUT, as of today I have found a new apartment of which i get the keys the 25th of june. I'll get my licence back per 28th of june, a friend gave me an opportunity for a job at his company for good money, and to top it off I met a girl whom I really like and by the looks of things we are heading toward a relationship.. It was a bit of a fight, but it seems like things are moving upwards again [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

kwilk, congrats!

as for me... the last two months had been a true dip, to summarize: two deals fell through leaving me without an income, a quarrel with the family forced me to move from my apartment the first of juli and I lost my drivers licence for three months due to speeding (easier then one thinks here in the netherlands).

BUT, as of today I have found a new apartment of which i get the keys the 25th of june. I'll get my licence back per 28th of june, a friend gave me an opportunity for a job at his company for good money, and to top it off I met a girl whom I really like and by the looks of things we are heading toward a relationship.. It was a bit of a fight, but it seems like things are moving upwards again [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sounds like things are really turning around for you. Good to hear!

3. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

After two miscarriages and a recent try with IUI, my wife got a positive pregnancy test this morning. I'm really happy, but pretty fucking nervous at the same time. Once we get through the first trimester I hope we'll be alright.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

kwilk, congrats!

NOICE!!

5. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

G33k got a job. Went in for an interview today to meet with the IT manager. Then they decided to keep me there to meet the VP and CFO. was in interviews for 3 hours... everyone liked me and I was given an offer on the spot. Good company, pleasant work environment, good people and there's a lot of projects coming up that I can dig in to. Plus I'll have almost complete autonomy. Very pleased.

First non-phone interview btw. I am awesome.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

G33k got a job. Went in for an interview today to meet with the IT manager. Then they decided to keep me there to meet the VP and CFO. was in interviews for 3 hours... everyone liked me and I was given an offer on the spot. Good company, pleasant work environment, good people and there's a lot of projects coming up that I can dig in to. Plus I'll have almost complete autonomy. Very pleased.

Congrats.

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

After two miscarriages and a recent try with IUI, my wife got a positive pregnancy test this morning. I'm really happy, but pretty fucking nervous at the same time. Once we get through the first trimester I think we'll be alright.

good luck. this is great!

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

great!

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

G33k got a job.
    Terrific!

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

good stuff kyle.

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

Thanks. I'm working on scales (A minor pentatonic) this week. Little one's supposed to be doing scales as well, but you know how that goes - if it ain't Ode to Joy, it's not worth playing. For some reason, I'm now a lot more in tune with and understand more of the music theory than I ever would have been as a teen.

Also about to wind up with my dad's old early-60's Gibson acoustic, and will have to figure out a spot for a wall-mount guitar rack.

As for y'all's nudie bars, I only remember Cheetah's, and that one not so fondly.

Yeah, I was terrible about practicing when I was younger, and that applied to all of the instruments I played. I knew just enough music theory and had just enough raw talent to hide it when I played with others, but in retrospect I wish I'd learned more. I can still pick up a guitar and play, but I wish I had a stronger grasp of theory.

Boy, you're accumulating quite the axe collection.

Hehe, I've never been to the Cheetah, and you've pretty much made it certain that I never will. I actually met PRS back when I was in Florida. He was talking about the cluster of clubs out in Tampa (along Dale Mabry if you're familiar), and they are known as being pretty choice. One of them even got a shout-out in that old Wyclef song! In retrospect, it was a little odd (which is probably why I remember it). It was a bunch of 16 year old longhairs all excited to me the guy who created these awesome guitars, and a considerable portion of his contribution to the conversation was "you guys have some really great strip clubs around here."

After two miscarriages and a recent try with IUI, my wife got a positive pregnancy test this morning. I'm really happy, but pretty fucking nervous at the same time. Once we get through the first trimester I think we'll be alright.

Good luck. I hope everything goes perfectly!

Nice! Congrats!

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Thanks guys. Couldn't have expected a better result. I guess IT people don't need to unionize to keep all the jobs from going to India after all. [​IMG]

I batted 1000 with my resume btw. I got callbacks for every job I applied to + a bunch of unsolicited calls from recruiters. Admittedly that was only 6 or 7 but given how little time I was looking, I am very pleased because this was the first real job hunt i've had to do without making use of any contacts. It's good to know I'll never have trouble finding work... I owe lots of thanks to some people here for advice in the cover letters thread, fredfred especially. I'm SO happy I don't have to burn through tons of savings.

13. Alter

Alter Senior member

Kyle, lots of great news is great!

After two miscarriages and a recent try with IUI, my wife got a positive pregnancy test this morning. I'm really happy, but pretty fucking nervous at the same time. Once we get through the first trimester I hope we'll be alright.

Good luck....I went through the same anxiety recently, and all went well. Best wishes!

Well done! Congrats!

14. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Had some transcendent steak soup for supper.

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

congratulations! I hope the mrs is gonna be alright and have a trouble-free pregnancy.