things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Don't have AC in my apartment. I was going to buy a unit when I moved in but decided to hold off to see how hot it got, because I knew I wasn't going to have the direct sun in the afternoon. It was a good decision. It's 27 outside right now and my apartment, which has 20 ft of floor to ceiling windows, is still quite cool. I have an overhead fan in each room, and by leaving the patio door open and the window in the bedroom I get a really good draft, and what sunlight there is, the white vertical blinds do an excellent job of repelling.

Also, this is the first apartment I've had in years where the window sills didn't immediately start turning black from all the smog and dust from the street. Being higher up helps, but also all the trees and the fact that there aren't any really busy streets nearby.

I went for a walk today. Everyone was out and about walking. I found a decent baker and bought some fresh raspberries. i underestimated how nice it would be to have a huge park nearby. Even just walking by it on the way to buy groceries, it's nice to smell something green when you live in the city. I really just love the neighborhood more and more. It's very calm. No ghetto people. Don't hear lots of traffic. Yet, it's still 15 minutes from downtown.

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

It's raining outside. Hard.

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

^^ watch twilight again, you fag. [​IMG]

4. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

5. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

My kid's Little League team won their first game of a three round single elimination playoff.
    He went 2 for 2 with a couple of RBIs 2 runs scored, 2 stolen bases and he got two guys out trying to steal third (which at this level is a minor miracle).

6. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

My kid's Little League team won their first game of a three round single elimination playoff.
    He went 2 for 2 with a couple of RBIs 2 runs scored, 2 stolen bases and he got two guys out trying to steal third (which at this level is a minor miracle).

very cool

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

It's really great to be back home. Gorgeous weather here in the 'burbs...had a nice meal on the deck last night, helped my dad paint the garage today, went out to lunch. I hope to relax and read a book tonight.

Oh, and my parents want to throw me a big graduation party. $$$$$!

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Is your DC stay already over?

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

My bro got a gold, a silver, and two bronzes at the state Special Olympics! [​IMG]

10. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Summer rain on a lazy Sunday arvo! [​IMG]

My bro got a gold, a silver, and two bronzes at the state Special Olympics! [​IMG]

Congrat's to him!

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

congratulations to him! party at the wilkinsons tonight?

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

congratulations to him! party at the wilkinsons tonight?

Always.

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Good stuff!

I can't remember, when we went out for dinner and drinking, did you get the story about me at a party and someone mocking the Special O?