1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Never. Even if I was single, you don't get your honey where you make your money, particularly at my level.

*ahem*

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

*ahem*

I'm talking real jobs. What's the shelf life on a waitron? Six months?

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I'm talking real jobs. What's the shelf life on a waitron? Six months?

She's been there for 5 years, actually. I'm trying to get out after 8 weeks!

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

She's been there for 5 years, actually. I'm trying to get out after 8 weeks!

So she's older than you told us and a lifer? Yikes!

When you hit big timer status, like Exec. Chef type stuff, stop pooning the waitrons.

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

So she's older than you told us and a lifer? Yikes!
    And gorgeous, and funny, and passionate. But, I think our fun little tryst is over once I leave my job, if not before then.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

And gorgeous, and funny, and passionate. But, I think our fun little tryst is over once I leave my job, if not before then.

Don't leave this job before you have another lined up! And give her a little going away shag.

7. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

My dad submitted his patent application to the patent office today. Could be an awesome Christmas.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

Cool I just did this for my mom as well.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

So I've been hitting the pain killers this past week and they've been backing me up like crazy. It looked like I'd been importing rabbit turds into my bathroom. Well today, finally, I had a truly legendary bowel movement.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm trying to get out after 8 weeks!
    But I thought you really liked this one. [​IMG]

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

But I thought you really liked this one. [​IMG]

I did, until my Chef got fired and my co-sous chef quit, and about 90% of the restaurant workload got dumped on me and the owner has told me she has no plans to replace either of those two or let me hire anyone else. Then it kinda started sucking. But I don't mind. I'm only 23. I should be moving around a lot and learning as many kinds of cuisine as I can. I mean, I should stay longer than 2 months, but in general, moving around a lot right now is a good thing for me.

12. Alter

Alter Senior member

I did, until my Chef got fired and my co-sous chef quit, and about 90% of the restaurant workload got dumped on me and the owner has told me she has no plans to replace either of those two or let me hire anyone else. Then it kinda started sucking. But I don't mind. I'm only 23. I should be moving around a lot and learning as many kinds of cuisine as I can. I mean, I should stay longer than 2 months, but in general, moving around a lot right now is a good thing for me.

So you are the de facto chef? Isn't there some benefit of getting that on your resume at 23?

Tell the owner that you will quit unless she gives you decision-making power over the menu as well as nightly beej breaks with the hot waitress. Nothing to lose if you plan on quitting anyways.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

So you are the de facto chef? Isn't there some benefit of getting that on your resume at 23?

Tell the owner that you will quit unless she gives you decision-making power over the menu as well as nightly beej breaks with the hot waitress. Nothing to lose if you plan on quitting anyways.

I'm not really the de facto chef. I mean, I guess I am, but I don't see myself as it and don't want to. And hell, for all I know, by the time I get back from my week off for weddings, she may have hired someone new. I can't imagine how they could have lasted this week without having SOMEONE else doing ordering and prep and shit.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I can't imagine how they could have lasted this week without having SOMEONE else doing ordering and prep and shit.
    Clearly, you've never run a business before. People do shit like this all the time.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Clearly, you've never run a business before. People do shit like this all the time.

No, I get that. I'm just saying that I'm the only person there who has ever done any kind of ordering. I assume the owner probably got pissed and hired someone. But I will see when I get back I suppose.

16. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Picked up donuts for my co-workers today. A man and woman ordered "a dozen glazed, for here" [​IMG] It's funny 'cause they're fat.

17. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

Just received word I am getting my first big commission check next week. It took 7 months of meager pay to get to this point but after doing a projection for my boss, I will make almost twice as much money in the next 5 months as I did in the first 7. Now I can finally get ahead of my bills and work on paying down the debt I accumulated while I was in and out of work.

18. word

word Senior member

Picked up donuts for my co-workers today. A man and woman ordered "a dozen glazed, for here" [​IMG] It's funny 'cause they're fat.

Breakfast of the champions.

19. Alter

Alter Senior member

Just received word I am getting my first big commission check next week. It took 7 months of meager pay to get to this point but after doing a projection for my boss, I will make almost twice as much money in the next 5 months as I did in the first 7. Now I can finally get ahead of my bills and work on paying down the debt I accumulated while I was in and out of work.

Congrats, Topcat!

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

No, I get that. I'm just saying that I'm the only person there who has ever done any kind of ordering. I assume the owner probably got pissed and hired someone. But I will see when I get back I suppose.

Yeah, surprised she gave you the week off. Does she know who to do that stuff?

Remember, have another job lined up before you quit. Also, if at all possible, stick it out six months.