1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

An interview I did with a local paper about one of my cases made the front page.

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

bought a nice bonsai today, hung out with a friend i hadn't seen in years last night, feeling more or less OK in general...

3. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Good for you. Keep it up ... or down!

what happened?

Good, hope all is well.

Nothing too crazy. Wife convinced me to do a detox/juice diet thing. Didn't eat a thing from Saturday night until Friday lunch. But those juices fill you up - I wasn't hungry once. I'm pretty sure the whole "detox" angle is major bullsht but I did feel very good, more alert than usual, higher energy, less tired. I think I could have gone a month like that if I didn't really love eating.

4. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

We made reservations for a beach vacation. My wife is happy. And, you know what they say, "Happy wife happy life"!

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

An interview I did with a local paper about one of my cases made the front page.
    Put me on retainer and I'll make you the next attorney general of NJ. [​IMG]

6. forex

forex Senior member

Nothing too crazy. Wife convinced me to do a detox/juice diet thing. Didn't eat a thing from Saturday night until Friday lunch. But those juices fill you up - I wasn't hungry once. I'm pretty sure the whole "detox" angle is major bullsht but I did feel very good, more alert than usual, higher energy, less tired. I think I could have gone a month like that if I didn't really love eating.

Have you lost much weight? That sounds interesting,I might try it just to stay energetic and awake during the work.

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

first step in owning our dream property is done.... hoping I'd get to put in a deposit and start negotiating with the bank starting monday.

8. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Put me on retainer and I'll make you the next attorney general of NJ. [​IMG]

I don't know about next attorney general since I'm pretty young, but it's certainly not out of the question for some time in the future.

9. gdl203

Have you lost much weight? That sounds interesting,I might try it just to stay energetic and awake during the work.

I lost 7 lbs in 5 days. It seems to be a good way to kick start a more balanced diet. After 5 days, it was clear that my appetite shrunk - couldn't really eat large portions of food in the last 3 days. Following the juice days with a couple vegetarian days seems like a good way to transition back to a more balanced diet.

10. lefty

lefty Senior member

You didn't eat for a week? Did the NY Restaurant Assoc. send out an APB?

Not to rain on your parade , but that weight will probably pop back pretty quickly once you have a meal or two of carbs. And yes, the detox thing is bullshit. Someone looking to crash start a sensible diet would be better off with a PSMF (protein sparing modified fast). That said. as one who fasted for years I can speak to the euphoria, energy and clear mind.

lefty

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

relationship going well, trip to NYC coming up, friends starting to come back down so I'm not bored while gf is out of the country

12. gdl203

Not to rain on your parade , but that weight will probably pop back pretty quickly once you have a meal or two of carbs. And yes, the detox thing is bullshit. Someone looking to crash start a sensible diet would be better off with a PSMF (protein sparing modified fast). That said. as one who fasted for years I can speak to the euphoria, energy and clear mind.

I'm sure you're correct. It felt pretty good - I didn't count on it to lose weight but rather to kick start a healthier diet. The pounds lost may well come back but again, it wasn't meant as a crash diet.

13. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

at a wedding, the bouquet was thrown directly at teh GF ... she let it bounce off her onto the floor where she promptly kicked it over to somebody else. [​IMG]

14. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Had a great night. Will post chart.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

at a wedding, the bouquet was thrown directly at teh GF ... she let it bounce off her onto the floor where she promptly kicked it over to somebody else. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Awesome.

16. MsMcGillicuddy

MsMcGillicuddy Senior member

I move back to Seattle from the UK in just under two weeks, and the logistics so far have been pretty easy - no major hiccups or unexpected costs.

17. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

My flat-mate/love interest has just dumped her millionaire boyfriend, making room for me! Desperately hoping that for the first time ever personality trumps being a millionaire international rugby player.

18. milosz

milosz Senior member

Got tickets today for Patton Oswalt in Austin and Louis CK in Fort Worth.

19. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Got tickets today for Patton Oswalt in Austin and Louis CK in Fort Worth.

I just got my tickets Friday, I am seeing Louis in September in Boston.

20. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

had a great workout today - had a rough weekend, 20 hour flight, long tough day of work today. it would have been easy to skip going to the gym. very happy that I didn't