1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. ama

ama Senior member

Survived the surgery. Have to say, this is a nice change of pace from my first experience.

Also, ouchie!

Did you have one of those outer-body experiences the first time?

In any event, get better soon!

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Survived the surgery. Have to say, this is a nice change of pace from my first experience.

Also, ouchie!

Terrific! All the best for a veryspeedy recovery.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Having a great time in my home state. Three great days of hiking in the mountains, and now headed to spend time with mom and dad. Good times.

4. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Back home for today and tomorrow. Any respite from my terrible job is welcome.

6. ama

ama Senior member

^ weren't you supposed to be driving to Ohio for your break?

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I found out today that I was one of two finalists for a job for which I thought I was quite under-qualified. The other person got it but I feel pretty good about making it that far (the applicant pool was apparently big). I also received personal assurance from one of the higher-ups that I'd be called about future vacancies. I may have left my current job for that one, had I secured it. Right now, a cushy civil service gig would be a lot better than a frenetic campaign slave-drive. Am I already bitter? [​IMG]

8. robbie

robbie Senior member

Yesterday was my last day @ Target.

83% of my wife and I's home is in the U-Haul.

Soon, I will be living in a 3 bedroom HOUSE (not quite 3 bedrooms... but, still 2 and 3/4) and my rent will be less than $500/month.

My wife and I will only need one vehicle, we're working @ the same school with similar schedules. Only need gas/insurance/wear and tear on a single vehicle insane monthly savings.

I need to get back to work, my 5 minute packing break is almost over.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

[​IMG] fuck yeah brah.
    Good to hear you're still among the living.
    Terrific! All the best for a veryspeedy recovery.
    Thanks for the well wishes guys.
    Did you have one of those outer-body experiences the first time? In any event, get better soon!
    Something like that, yes. Not recommended.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

rambo cannot be killed by out patient surgery.

11. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

Just some normal decent friendliness and manners in my everyday life...

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

rambo cannot be killed by out patient surgery.
    They tried once. Once is enough.

13. Tigris

Tigris Well-Known Member

Yesterday was my last day @ Target. 83% of my wife and I's home is in the U-Haul. Soon, I will be living in a 3 bedroom HOUSE (not quite 3 bedrooms... but, still 2 and 3/4) and my rent will be less than $500/month. My wife and I will only need one vehicle, we're working @ the same school with similar schedules. Only need gas/insurance/wear and tear on a single vehicle insane monthly savings. ... I need to get back to work, my 5 minute packing break is almost over.
    Talk about convenience. Good for you.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Also, ouchie!

Excellent, except the ouchie part!

Last day in Cancun today, did everything I wanted to, ate and drank as much as I wanted, didn't run the mileage I hoped to but swam like a demon these last few days: in the gulf and in the long pool.

Played beach volleyball for a couple of hours with the local teens here the other day - held the court for the whole time - then had a beer with their padres. Toe got twisted and bent but that's healing up okay. Met some nice people, finished the longish book I brought and got caught up with my schoolwork, hit a new adventure-theme park (zip-lines, FTW), drank my share of cerveza and rum, watched the sun rise over the ocean with my son, took some goofy pictures, ate at a lot of smallish local joints and bought just enough reminders of the trip without having to schlep back a bunch of crap.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I have from now until August 10 off. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I have from now until August 10 off. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Is she off too? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    MrsG's birthday was this week, and her sisters, one of whom she hadn't seen on over a year, came up yesterday to surprise her. MrsG has today off, so she has a three day weekend to enjoy with her sisters. One sister brought a boyfriend and her kid, so the packed house may provide some fodder for the "pissed" thread later, but right now I'm just glad she gets some family time.

My brother is also coming up for the weekend; he'll be in tonight, and we have a tee time for tomorrow morning. He also had the good sense to stay in a hotel, thus avoiding adding another person to the full house.

Should be a good weekend.

Last day in Cancun today, did everything I wanted to, ate and drank as much as I wanted, didn't run the mileage I hoped to but swam like a demon these last few days: in the gulf and in the long pool.

Played beach volleyball for a couple of hours with the local teens here the other day - held the court for the whole time - then had a beer with their padres. Toe got twisted and bent but that's healing up okay. Met some nice people, finished the longish book I brought and got caught up with my schoolwork, hit a new adventure-theme park (zip-lines, FTW), drank my share of cerveza and rum, watched the sun rise over the ocean with my son, took some goofy pictures, ate at a lot of smallish local joints and bought just enough reminders of the trip without having to schlep back a bunch of crap.

This sounds awesome, T. Good to hear you had such a great time.

18. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Good to hear T, MrG.
    Is she off too? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] No. I'll be out of town for most of that, but might come back midweek for some fun.
    Life is freaking great right now.

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Good for you guys, K and G.

20. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Kwilk, life will be great until her BF finds out you've been cuckolding his woman.