things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

Nice going, Globe.

I am listening to Charlie Haden and Quartet West. What a great way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Entire house smells like braising oxtails. My stomach won't stop rumbling!

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    [​IMG]

4. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Nice going, Globe. I am listening to Charlie Haden and Quartet West. What a great way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.
    Excellent!

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Oh man. *burp* Had a carb-o-liscious weekend. Just finished my splurge with two nutella cookies my wife made today.

Now, it's 100% dry until Friday and also very strict on the elimination of simple carbs this week.

6. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Just scored a new role (higher profile, more responsibility and greater pay) with the company I currently work for.

Consdering the tail end of 2009 was a bit of a dissapointment for me this is a great way for me to kick off 2010!

7. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Congrats!

8. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Great client meeting on Friday...didn't get nervous at all and actually aced the presentation.
    Wonderful girl visited me for the weekend.
    Better than chasing tail and waking up hung over.

9. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

I definitely think that's an important qualification for me to make when I talk about marriage. To me, "marriage" is simply one term for "life-long commitment." I think we vastly overuse the word marriage in our society. What's important is that the people involved have committed to make it work for a lifetime.

Let me also commend you for your excellent thoughts on this subject.

After years of cynically dismissing people who said I just hadn't found "the one," she finally appeared. We felll in love at first sight and it was not long before we realized we are in this for life. We're ideally matched and our relationship works remarkably smoothly, even through the rough patches. So yes, committed to making it work for a lifetime.

And having the woman I've always dreamt of in my life to stay is what's making me happy.

10. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

After years of cynically dismissing people who said I just hadn't found "the one," she finally appeared. We felll in love at first sight and it was not long before we realized we are in this for life. We're ideally matched and our relationship works remarkably smoothly, even though the rough patches. So yes, committed to making it work for a lifetime.

And having the woman I've always dreamt of in my life to stay is what's making me happy.

Was she the hottest chick that ever dug you? Or was it something completely separate from that which made it love at first sight?

11. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

After years of cynically dismissing people who said I just hadn't found "the one," she finally appeared. We felll in love at first sight and it was not long before we realized we are in this for life. We're ideally matched and our relationship works remarkably smoothly, even though the rough patches. So yes, committed to making it work for a lifetime.

very cool! she must be very special

12. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Was she the hottest chick that ever dug you? Or was it something completely separate from that which made it love at first sight?

There's hot and there's hot. I'm a Pisces and she's a Scorpio thrice over. The attraction was so intense that we couldn't keep away from each other. Then we discovered that we're ridiculously, perfectly compatible. And we can talk about anything at all endlessly.

very cool! she must be very special

Thanks, Globe. Yes, she's incredible.

13. nootje

nootje Senior member

After years of cynically dismissing people who said I just hadn't found "the one," she finally appeared. We felll in love at first sight and it was not long before we realized we are in this for life. We're ideally matched and our relationship works remarkably smoothly, even through the rough patches. So yes, committed to making it work for a lifetime.

thanks for this, gives one something to look forward to.

14. Acephale

Acephale Senior member

Guffaws of laughter at bedtime from the one I adore whom is currently way too many miles far far away.

15. Hehlol

Hehlol Senior member

I lead a life of priviledge few can imagine. I'm not particularly rich or handsome or intelligent, but I am appreciative for what I have; which is, in the end, health and wit. When my car window was smashed this weekend and my CD player was crowbarred out of the console, I realized, that really, it's not a big deal, called the police, filed a report and drove home in the rain without a window or music.

It feels supremely good being an optimist and being able to laugh at all the shit that gets thrown my way. I watch the way people react to such trivial infractions and I am so glad I don't.