1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

The only posts that I don't "like" have to do with sports (not that I hate them I just cannot relate the way some might to them although the uniform discourse is entertaining).

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Did anyone comment on the chord progressions and/or their voicings?

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I am put to condition of "pleased" that pB poastage has been on the uptrend after several quarters of poastage projection misses by management.

I rate pB poaster as market outperform and assign "overweight" rating.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  4. patrickBOOTH

No, and I am kind of surprised as many of my readers are musicians.

5. patrickBOOTH

While I appreciate this posts sentiment and overall message I have to say that I hate equity analysts. I was offered a job as one two weeks ago and I laughed a belly laugh.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I would have been all over that. Might even have recorded and linked the soundcloud.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

When I make posts about events in the world of sports uniforms, I know perfectly well ain't no one gonna care. But I am sort of like Andy Kaufman don't care that no one cares just keep pressing on.

1 person likes this.
  8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yeah, they're all full of shit. The whole earnings game played by analysts and company management is BS.

That said, they rake in dat dough, so to speak.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  9. patrickBOOTH

I think I was just hit on by a woman in the cafe (where I am right now). A woman just came up to me and asked, "I just have to ask you how you are wearing a suit still in this 90 degree weather?" I responded with, "I'm an idiot, that's how." She laughed a belly laugh and told me that I look familiar to her. We discovered that we live in close proximity to each other. We said some other things, but I think she wanted any ole' excuse to get up in close to teh Booth. Don't she know I only woo ladies, who like-a da ladies?

2 people like this.
  10. patrickBOOTH

I feel like I resonate very much with Kaufman. Sometimes I do Tony Clifton impressions at work to entertain myself. My coworker's become frustrated (despite telling me that I am "highly entertaining" to work with).

11. patrickBOOTH

Some, but most of them don't make as much as you might think.

Whenever I read one of their industry reports that has to do with my company, i'm all, "cool story bro, this is old news".

12. patrickBOOTH

Nice ninja edit, asshole. :)

1 person likes this.
  13. patrickBOOTH

Friend me on Facebook. My real name is Chester Denborough.

14. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

I care. Uniforms have always been an interest of mine. My coworker is in to them too as he pointed out to me this week the unannounced "turn back the clock" day that mlb had where 8 teams wore throwbacks.

My local sports idiot also brings up said topics and uses his cohost as the man from u.n.c.l.e. (Master of everything in uniforms, nicknames, colors, logos, and emblems) The segment is quite good.

15. patrickBOOTH

I am working on a project with this upper at my company who I haven't ever worked with. He is an extremely animated Indian man who has worked at the company for 40 years. I like him very much. The other day we are at a meeting with a lot of people and he pulls out this little packet, opened it up and started spooning what looked like tobacki into his mouth. I am like (in my mente) IS this guy seriously chewing tobacki during this meeting. Some other upper notices this is says, "What the hell is that, are you chewing tobacki?" He informed us that it is "snus" and he just eats it when he needs to remain calm and focused. I couldn't help myself and started laughing deep belly laughs. I told a story where when I was in college I wanted to get into the powdered snus so I found some and in public and at parties I would snort some of it in my nose and sneeze uncontrollably inside a cloud of dust. As it turns out he has some that he is going to bring me this week and he said he keeps it on his nightstand and he snorts some of it before bed. He said the uncontrollable sneezing forces him to take in more oxygen that helps him sleep. Moral, of this story: I love this guy.

16. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Apparently some White Sox player got suspended for cutting up the throw back uniforms they were scheduled to wear?

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Holy fuck! SO IS MINE!

1 person likes this.
  18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i thought you were Ben Dover

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

:uhoh:

20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member