1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I hope you told him not to try that joke with his new bride that night.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    3 people like this.
  2. double00

double00 Senior member

that's a helluva story. i'm wondering if you realized before the moment how awkward the first speech was going to be?

i feel like were it me, i would strongly consider finding some way to give up that responsibility once i figured that out.

but then again, i put myself up a tree on a regular basis and when that happens i can really freak out. some folks are much better at putting on a good face and seeing those things through. not i.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  3. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's what she said.

1 person likes this.
  4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

especially 6:57 ish

they're all so insanely hot

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  5. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

The agony of defeat

[​IMG]

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

IDK, broseph. I'm seeing, at best, a bunch of butter faces.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

dat explosive fast twitch muscles

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I re-watched the clip to see how she reacted after falling. She just rolled over and laid still in pure shame.

Felt bad.

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Xpost from Facebook:

Many years ago there was this woman who lived close to me on my block. She worked at one of the cafes that I frequent and we would exchange pleasantries on our block and at the cafe. She always had this kind of melancholy about her (think Em7b5 to A7b9 to Dmin-maj7). One day she saw me at the cafe and she informed me that she was moving to Italy. At that moment I had hoped that maybe that move to Italy would change the melancholy about her.

Recently she came into my mind because the building that she lived in, like so many others, was torn down to build a more modern one. I was wondering where she could be, who she is with, what is she thinking, is she thinking of me, and whether she'll ever return someday.

The other day I ran into this woman! I said "You're back from Italy!" She couldn't believe that I remembered that she went to Italy. She spent a year and a half in Italy and then spent some time in another American city and now she is back in the neighborhood. Her face and mannerisms had changed. There was no more melancholy about her (think Dmin7 to Fmaj7 to Cmaj7). She was happy with her new boyfriend and her experience in Italy earned her some new credentials, memories oxford comma and the experience to become a teacher here in NYC. I told her that she had just popped up in my mind because they tore down her building. Coincidentally she said that she walked by her old building and noticed that and thought of me. She said that her and her boyfriend had a conversation about me wondering where I could be, who I am with, what was I thinking, was I thinking of them, and whether I'll ever return someday! She claimed that this dynamic is an omen to great things!

It is always good to see people making great lives.

2 people like this.
  10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Went out for brunch with some friends and just got back in as we segued into happy hour. It's too bad every day could not be like today.

1 person likes this.
  11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Tell you what gang I love living in the STL ain't no gainsaying it but one persistent complaint I have had is that it is hard to acquire Product 19 cereal the main grocelry stores don't carry it. Well there's a Deer Birds store next to where I get my cat food turns out they carry dat Product I bought multiple boxes. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  12. L'Incandescent

Great Kids in the Hall reference!

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I was disappointed that cafe girl didn't turn out to be lesbian. PB is slipping!!

3 people like this.
  14. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Her boyfriend could be pre-op?

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Something so incredibly attractive. Would wife and create a new generation of overlords

1 person likes this.
  16. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Something joyful about walking into an old friends house and his fiancee's dad is there playing polka music on his accordian for 2 hours. Plenty of shots of brandy flowing as well. Old school. :)

17. patrickBOOTH

Yay! You got it!

18. patrickBOOTH

Funny enough I had a long conversation with her about gender roles in today's world. So, there was that.

19. patrickBOOTH

It is really interesting to me what kinds of Facebook posts get a lot of reactions vs. those that get very little. That little post got a lot of reactions and even people that I haven't spoken to in two decades liking it and some even sending me private messages asking me what I am up to in life. I feel like I have had much better posts that have gotten very little attention. I think I might be out of touch with the common man.

20. L'Incandescent

Your best posts are the ones with mente and betimes in them. Hey just one man's opinions here.

On a related note, since I got the keetays, no one has wanted to read none of my posts unless they pertain to said keetays.