1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

I've bounced around a lot, plus I used to date a Chinese chick (ABC, not FOB). I've definitely had stuff not intended for white folks.

Surprisingly, one of my favorites was a place in Houston. Can't remember the name, but it was right off the highway, beside a motorcycle dealership. Killer food.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

haha

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You found Finn.

1 person likes this.
  4. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Booked the tickets for my wife's and my trip to France this fall! Sept 16-Oct 2.

2 people like this.
  5. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Senior member

Very nice! We're planning to go again next year, probably to Provence. Where are you going?

6. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

@L'Incandescent s' prognostercations regarding the fate of the Golden State Warriors are,at this point 75% incorrect

1 person likes this.
  7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I did not take account of the NBA would basically do everything in their power to give the Warrelyers the victory "Hey it looks like the Warrelyers don't win as often when Scott Folster is a referee let's take him out and replace him with another referee that gives the Warrelyers the calls they like." I swear competition in the WWE has more integgerty.

2 people like this.
  8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Too bad he doesn't post in the NBA thread, that would put him well above the mean there.

Making me happy: my greenfrog and I had a blast attending the 100th running of the Indy 500 this weekend. Neither of us are racing fans, but purely as a matter of spectacle it was pretty cool, being able to see, hear, and feel the cars fly by (we were about 12 rows from the track) at 225 mph was pretty awesome, it was a great race with an amazing finish, and even if the race had sucked we were sitting in the sun drinking beer and eating popcorn so it still would have been all good. Bummed that since it was such a quick trip I didn't have time to stalk @kwilkinson while I was there, but we used our one free evening to catch up with an aunt and cousin I used to be close to as a kid but hadn't seen in 15 years or so.

2 people like this.
  9. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Just handed in and uploaded a master's dissertation.

On the downside, I have to figure out what to do next.

2 people like this.
  10. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I'm pretty sure the answer is drink...

1 person likes this.
  11. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

Yup. We named him after you. :nodding:

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

That's the answer to 80% of these types of questions

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  13. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

There's a thought.

14. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

At first I didn't think Prophets of Rage was a true supergroup but then I heard that B-Real was in it that changed my opinion straightaway!

15. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Paris for 3-4 days, Lyon for 2-3 days (with a day trip to hermitage) 3-4 days in annecy, and then the remainder in Cannes or somewhere on the cote d'azure. Depending on train schedules I might change the itinerary to Paris, annecy, Lyon, Cannes. Just to split up the big city time.

16. otc

otc Senior member

http://fusion.net/story/308137/animal-rights-activists-bernie-sanders-oakland/

These are the same assholes that cram into restaurants and start shouting about meat being murder, and then threaten assault charges on anyone who tries to touch them or force them to leave private property.

Nice to see them pull their stunts when the secret service is around to manhandle them out of the way.

1 person likes this.
  17. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

The local roadside strawberry stands are producing some stellar strawberries at the moment. I am trying to find ways to incorporate strawberries into everything I eat.

18. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

The strawberries have been excellent here too. Our local farmer told us that the first bunch is always the best and they get less sweet as the season goes on.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  19. MrG

MrG Senior member

I used to buy them on the side of the road, but now I make my own. I was just thinking earlier that I should make some soon. I'm planning to make some put-ups this weekend, so I'll be in the kitchen a good bit; maybe I'll do some boiled peanuts while I'm in there!

It is a little odd that we don't have an "All Things Southern" thread.