1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Just found out that I won a teaching award at my Universelty of which comes with cash prize. I'm honestly surprised that I won. I consistently get very good evaluations from students, but my teaching style is definitely old-fashioned, whereas these awards committees tend to favor "innovative pedagogy" and suchlike.

2 people like this.
  3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

That's not butter that's slathered on top of that knob you're about to gobble

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Isn't all teaching pedagogy?

5. double00

double00 Senior member

i'm sure the qualifying adjective is at issue here: "innovative pedagogy", "traditional pedagogy" etc.

dick drunk this early on a sunday (or maybe it's very very late)? tsk tsk...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  6. L'Incandescent

Yes, the key word is "innovative" such as like "flipping dat classroom" or integrating videos and TED style talks and do exams via interpretive dance.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Got dat Xmas vacation already planned and accommodations booked and paid for. :slayer:

8. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I'm heading to Rome in a bit for a couple days. Any of you big timers have any restaurant suggestions?

1 person likes this.
  9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

theres been some 'visit italy" threads in the past that have recs for every city. don't remember off the top of my head

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Saw that house of cards was available, started the first episode, 5min in realized, "I ain't got no time for this shit" walked outside and spent whole weekend working in the back yard, plaintiff new trees, laying grass seeds, and a new garden instead.

1 person likes this.
  11. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

^ it's really boring. I've watched about three episodes and I'm not sure I'll watch any more

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Agreed. I just finished the third episode and this is by far the weakest season yet.

Mucho disappointed..

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

I didn't even finish the last season. The whole
    Kate Mara death plotline
    really taxed my ability to suspend disbelief, and the show never got good enough again to get me over how ridiculous I found that whole thing to be. In fact, it just kept getting weaker and weaker, and at some point in season three I gave up. It wasn't even really a conscious decision; I just stopped caring enough about the story to be sure to get through the whole season.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Yeah, but Neve Campbell is back from limbo to join the show and man she has aged well

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Would hit but would never fall asleep in front of her. Me and her clan have some ancient history which would make that not wise for me to allow happen. She's a fellow Canuck, btw.

[​IMG]

16. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

17. L'Incandescent

Some time ago I did buy a laundry detergelnt which suppolsebly had scent of "Spring and Renewal." Well I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I did not enjoy that scent which was put on to my clothes after laundry. I mean just not a good scent at all. So what am I doing posting this in Happy Thread? Even though I am not out of that "Spring and Renewal" detergelnt I did buy a new detergelnt got no scent to it at all. Now I'm enjoying my clothes more. :slayer:

18. Po1ntMe

Po1ntMe Active Member

I am grateful for each and every day me, my parents and those I love live

19. otc

otc Senior member

Dat bonus check landed friday night.

Although the rest of my annual compensation package is best left for the other thread :(

2 people like this.
  20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I got an exceeds expectations for my performance review and dat boanus reflects that. That said, it's prorated since I joined halfway through the year. :(

Plus the 40% tax rate... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]