1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I just got a notelfication that Ace Frehley's former estate is for sale to where I could purchase it if I wanted. Unfortunately it is in Connetelcut in which I do not live in wouldn't make sense as a home.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. otc

otc Senior member

Screw GF's regular chobani

This chobani with peanut butter granola is the shit:
    [​IMG]

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

L4P = mail order bride ads, I don't get why, but every time I look at that site I get Asian mail order bride ads.

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I'm all about dat Chobani of maple banana oats brah

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ That shit has so much sugar in it … kinda defeats the purpose of a supposedly healthful food. I'm FAGE 2% or the in-house greek market stuff or nuthin.

1 person likes this.
  6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I like the fage stuff too -- dat cherry is the bomb.

Kinda pricey doe.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I just get the costco greek yogurt in the bigger containers. and then mix with oats or granola

8. Kid Nickels

Costco also has the big containers of FAGE for about $5…. but even at the grocery store the single serving size is usually on sale for $1. Seems reasonable.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

You're a giant tub of Fage

10. otc

otc Senior member

Just like with cereal, I will pretty much eat whatever yogurt is on sale (well, not like regular dannon or something...but my normal grocery doesn't sell that shit).

Chobani was on sale, so I came home with a basketfull of chobani.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Plain greek yogurt is good for making salad dressings with. Made a really tasty faro salad with a greek yogurt dressing last week.

1 person likes this.
  12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Trader Joes has some good, in-house greek yogurt. Just picked up a large tub of their honey flavored one. It's great for a post-workout snack.

They also have regular yogurt that's tasty af -- the mango and peach ones, specifically speaking. Packed with sugar, doe, and not much protein.

13. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

C'mon people... [​IMG]

14. Kid Nickels

… now, smile on your brother!

yeah adblocking always.

15. L'Incandescent

If I had adblock I would not of learned about pink Sonicare toothbrush, to where I would of ben worse off all things considered.

16. Kid Nickels

Right because you need an ad to remind you to brush the chocolate sprinkles out of your teeth while playing your pink Les Paul in the back of your "Pontiac". Sure.

"would of" … ok Professor.

17. L'Incandescent

The benefit the ad conferred on to me was not that of reminding me to brush my teeth. The benefit was making me aware that I could have a toothbrush in an attractive pink color. (I brush my teeth irregardless of toothbrush color don't even affect my habits.)

I don't play my pink Les Paul because I returned it to the custom shop. As I mentioned earlier, they just attached a scratchplate to an Epiphone Jay Jay French Les Paul. I was not satisfied with that, nor should I have been.

Speaking of pink Les Pauls, I have always been fond of the pink Les Paul Custom Lite that they made in the late '80s. That one had a black scratchplate. But I think I like the white scratchplate better on the pink Les Paul.

18. Kid Nickels

It's called a pick guard. I'll be at the NAMM show this week.. why don't you come down.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  19. L'Incandescent

I don't understand your angle here at all. I have been around guitars all of my life. I know about them. My brother makes them betimes. Of course there are many people in the world who know a lot more about guitars than I do. There are also many people in the world who know more about guitars than you do. If I mention guitars in a SF post, it does not mean that I am claiming knowledge supremacy, so you can relax.

Also, pickguards are scratchplates. Sometimes there are two (or more) words for the same thing. I have been calling them scratchplates for almost thirty years and I will continue to do so.

20. L'Incandescent

There are a lot of songs whose first words are really good ones I wouldn't even think to deny that. But I'm starting to think the best first words of all time are "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral 'fore the body dies, yeeaah."

[Hey where do you get off posting about Alice in Chains do you think you are the world's foremost expert on said musical act I am going to be at AiC-Fest 2016 with bells on me.]