1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Could pass as Tagutcow's older brother

2. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

ftfy

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  3. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Nerds who write that way really grind my gears. Phrases like "sporadic melodious interludes" don't make you sound whimsical and intelligent they just make you sound like an asshat.

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

OK, ok… as a Cincy native and former Cleveland resident (undergrad) I gotta jump in here. Sure Cincy "sucks" compared to more cosmopolitan cities (like LA where I live!), but compared to Cleveland "you cannot be serious!" (Johnny Mac)

Cleveburg is such a socially-segregated, shitty-weather, completely run-down armpit of the Midwest (2nd to Detroit) shit hole it's not even funny. And I can almost guarantee you have not seen what has happened to downtown Cincy in just the past two years with a complete, multi-million dollar renovation of the entire downtown riverfront, the development of Over-the-Rhine, new projects in Oakley and Hyde Park not to mention just the sheer natural beauty of the river valley and the back and forth dynamic of Northern Kentucky and the huge projects in Covington. Sure Cleveland has some nice restaurants, the orchestra, the art museum and now I guess the Cavs, but aside from that nada. You wanna go sit on the Erie lakefront? LOL. Don't even get me started on the local yokels and pasty fat chicks.

Am I a little biased because Cincinnati is my home town? Sure. But taking that into consideration it's still not even close. Perhaps you have visited and had this experience or that, but really unless you've lived in both cities for at least 5 years and recently, you have no idea what you're talking about. Cleveland died with the Flats back in to 90's bro.

Like this guy?

[​IMG]

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

FTFY

Anyone else notice that eric's been on fire?

Asshat, on the other hand, is such an awesome word.*

*It's hard not to say anything here and not sound ironic or snarky. But "asshat" really is a great word.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

it was actually an honest question. i've never been to Cleveland so i wanted to know if it sucks more or less than Cincinnati. and yes, i think Cincinnati sucks. so if i go by your experience, i definitely won't like Cleveland because i didn't like Cincinnati and you say it's much worse than that.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I have taken note of this development as well.

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

No worries… I tried to give you a mostly (haha) honest answer. Where do you live just out of curiosity for comparison?

Really though if you haven't been to Cincy recently in the spring or fall (summer gets muggy!) then I would recommend checking it out. Like I said downtown is night and day from what it was and the river fronts (both OH and KY) have much to offer. I might also mention that in Cincy you're about an 1.5 hour drive from Columbus, Indianapolis and Louisville which all have cool stuff as well (Indy so-so)… from Cleveland you're about an hour and a half from… oh right, Detroit! Or gee maybe Buffalo.

I would never move back to Cincy. It's in the Midwest so it's somewhat sheltered, people can be provincial and those people are predominantly white and the only fucking airline is Delta so all of that sucks… but if you were just between the two Cincinnati and Cleveburg, Cincy wins by a country mile… or ten.

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

My brother-in-law spent his childhood in Cincy and tells us it is a great place to live. But he's white though so.....

10. L'Incandescent

My brother used to live in Cincy liked it pretty well. But he's got that Dutch blood be run through his veins.

11. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

not all of me, exactly, but my sex is on fire

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

You're an hour and a half from Windsor, Ontario.

Fuck yeah.

14. L'Incandescent

After Poison released their hit single "Stand" (Native Tongue album, 1993), there was basically no need for anyone to continue recording rock and roll music because the pinackel of the art form had been reached.

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

This isn't quite that extensive, but it's the first work I'll have that can't be covered with a t-shirt. That's being the case, it's a symbolic step as much as a major tattoo.

I go back and forth on what the end goal will be for my tattoos. Tomorrow is to plan, and maybe start, two. One is very simple and will probably take about 30 minutes, but the second might require some design and more time. I have a third I know I'll get after that, but I don't know beyond those three. Right now, they'll all be distinct, individual, relatively small pieces, so I suppose it will come down whether or not I want to start to integrate them.

16. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm a bit young to have really gotten into hair metal during its heyday, but I loved that album when I was a nascent consumer of popular rock, and still really enjoy it. No lie.

I had it on cassette when I was a kid, and I bought the CD in the bargain bin a few years later. It ultimately made it to my iPod. I don't listen to it very frequently, but I can still remember every word to nearly all of the songs (and enjoy it in a non-ironic way) when I think to put it on.

17. L'Incandescent

I heard "Stand" on the radio on my drive back from work just a bit ago. I probably hadn't heard it since 1993.

18. L'Incandescent

Can you guys think of a prettier lady than Kirsten Dunst as Marie Antoinette?

19. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm currently listening to "Theatre of the Soul." Haven't missed a word yet.

Edit: Now I'm going through the songs individually and previewing them. I really do know the vast majority of the lyrics, and, despite a couple of low points, this truly was a solid mainstream rock record. It's kind of too bad it was recorded by Poison.

20. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I was in Des Moines for work a month ago, and I had egg roll mozzarella sticks at a place called Wong's Pizza. It was oddly good.