1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

♬ ♪ Well I was feeling pretty thin It was lookin' pretty grim / Got a herd of hurdy gurdies at the Rainbow Bar & Grill / Well she ain't too fuckin' pretty but she ain't my fuckin' wife / as long as I don't end up on the back side of her knife / I'll just stay and spend the night with you 'cause I know you ain't got nothing better to do ♪ ♬

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

Due to the fact that my dad is/was a womanizer who has been married like half a dozen times, I have something like nine (half) siblings. I'm the oldest, and I have one full-blood brother (we're my mom's only kids). The rest are half siblings with whom a share a range of relationship statuses from "pretty close" to "never met."

There is one half brother who is unique from the rest because I knew him pretty well for awhile but completely lost contact about 20 years ago when his mom (dad's second wife) and my dad divorced. My dad completely vanished from his life, and that meant my brother vanished from mine.

Last year, out of the blue, I got a message from my brother on Facebook asking if I was my father's son. I responded, and we wound up talking that night for a long time. We haven't really communicated since, and, despite the fact that I'd love to have a relationship with him, I've been leery of pushing too hard because I don't know where he is with everything.

This week, I got a completely unexpected text from him, and, in my response, I mentioned how great it was to hear from him and that I'd love to be in touch more often if he's interested. He responded that he'd like to talk more often, as well, and we're supposed to talk tonight.

I've thought about him innumerable times over the last 20+ years, and I honestly didn't really think we'd ever talk again. I don't know if we'll ever end up really having a relationship, but I'm cautiously hopeful that I may get my brother back and happy to have contact at all.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    3 people like this.
  3. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Aw you.

Nah. He's just been bouncing after 3 drinks for stupid dinner parties. I've met his girl and she's quite attractive. A homely girl in CT would be way funnier though.

:embar:

I WISH!!!!

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Hanging above Lincandesncents desk

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I'm proposing today! But her flight is delayed and it could potentially screw everything up. :-/

7 people like this.
  6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

There's a guy I see in the Union Square subway station that looks exactly like that pale man.

1 person likes this.
  7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

HRoi already said yes to me so don't even bother you silly hoe.

8. otc

otc Senior member

Scrolling through this thread, I have come to the conclusion that the best posters on this site all joined in even-numbered years.

9. otc

otc Senior member

Also, they all have odd numbers of posts...so I shall only post in sets of two from now on.

10. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Good luck and here's to you being as miserable as the rest of us!

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

No way man Neo_Version joined in 2007 (odd number).

12. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

He told me he blocked your number and he's never talking to you again you basic ass bitch.

13. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Here here!

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Dat's funny, cuz he's literally in front of me right now, imploring to give me a 'sucky sucky' but I keep telling him that I'm not into dat kinda shit!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  15. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

16. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

This thread is turning into a soap opera.

17. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Did he?

He must have been 12 at that time.

18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Conne and I joined during our uni years. Those were teh days

19. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I joined during my first mid life crisis...