1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I pay about 60% in income tax.

I don't think it is, everyone who's employed in private sector, whether its at Burger King or black rock has an income payed by money their company generate, politicians, teachers, pensioners, welfare etc. are all payed from that pool of money created by those jobs and companies and they themself pay taxes of their wages, which then funds something else.

I would guesstimate that maybe 50% of the tax payers in the us are private sector workers.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Those government workers are still paying taxes, even if it's effectively a holdback. Also, our tax scheme is based upon more than the federal income tax.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I bought a bottle of shampoo. I won't be able to finish it before it goes bad on account of I don't have much hair and I use small quantities, but it don't even matter because the shampoo I bought was cheap of price. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

yeah i really don't buy the taxes are and infringement on liberty... until over half your money goes to the state. I remember someone in Denmark telling me that the equivalent of 3 days work pays for parking. Yeah so glad you have that health care.

6. edinatlanta

Im putting port in my mouth, losers

1 person likes this.
  7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

That's an odd name for a dude. Are his parents celebrities?

3 people like this.
  8. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I pay over 50% on my "income", if you know what I mean by "income". Wink wink.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I hope that if Los Angeles ever gets an NFL team they will be called the Guns.

(Don't anyone even try to suggest they will be called "the Rams" that will just put me to a certain mood.)

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I actually like the name Plastics. :embar:

1 person likes this.
  11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Everyone with an annual income over $67k pays that. :plain:

I know corporate, vat/sales, import, property tax etc. etc., but they all essentially come from the same place.

He must either have a shit income or can't park, parking downtown Copenhagen is $>8 an hour and a parking ticket is $100.

The government can keep their healthcare and public schools, I want nothing to do with them.

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

It reminds you of your girlfriends..

13. edinatlanta

I'm the only one in the office. The printer just started printing something. I didn't print anything.

Do I dare read what was has been emitted? Do I dare risk a supernatural warning of an imminent death? Do I warn my coworkers not to inspect said document? Do I just sit here, paralyzed in fear?

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Maybe it has all truths and mysteries of the world written on it? I'd take that chance. Then again if it is the answers to the world's questions it still won't get you laid! Muwahahhahaha!

1 person likes this.
  15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

If there was a document that had the answers to all the world's questions on it, it would have this:

Q: will Edina ever get laid?
    A: No.

3 people like this.
  16. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

By the time you factor in city and state taxes, I am paying close to 55% in New York.

Not to go too CE here, but I imagine Find Finn gets a little more benefit from his high tax dollars than I do.

1 person likes this.
  17. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

That seems like a waste of time, toner, and paper. I mean, is a question really a question if everyone already knows the answer?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

We have free healthcare (no dental) and free schools including uni, but most high income people have private health insurance and send their kids to private schools, as the government healthcare system is overworked and underfunded and have long ass waiting lists and the public schools are shit due to the complete incompetence of the teachers and underfunding.

It's the same with the police and welfare system, but with so little people paying for the rest it was bound to happen, but at least we are getting a couple new highways and a 6 billion dollar bridge to Germany, no one really wants, but the politicians thought it was a good idea, so they would have something with their name on it.

So it's how you see it.

19. edinatlanta

It turns out, someone had tried to print some flight info yesterday but it got caught in the network printer spool :embar:

20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I'm on the shitter right now and these two poasts made me chortle audibly, lol.