1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Connect me with your neighbor. I'll collect the insurance deductible on your behalf.

I have the bandwidth for such efforts; it's such low-hanging fruit that it's a no-brainer.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I talked to my brother (who's an insurance adjuster in San Francisco) and he said the neighbor never really would've been forced to pay anything anyway (because it was an "act of god"/covered by comprehensive issue). I was advised not to even approach the neighbor (because you never know.. and because silent asians always silent).

the $300 deductible is moot if I avoid stress from the neighbors here on out. Hell everyone's trashcans/recycling bins were strewn out all over the whole block because of the winds. This way the neighbor keeps his front lawn/side of his house clean for a reason.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Saw a Prius pulled over for a ticket today. Somehow seeing a Prius pulled over for a traffic infraction makes me happy.

3 people like this.
  4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Priusbaire

1 person likes this.
  5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I already was almost a silent [aZn], then became a deferent, now you want me to be a sneaky?

1 person likes this.
  6. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

That might be better than Piobeggar.

Prius is #1 on my list of potential next vehicles.

1 person likes this.
  7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I also like Piersbaire, a la Piers Morgan.

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

PriusMorganBeggarBaire

In b4 Piobwrath

1 person likes this.
  9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

think of all the pussy you can lay in this baby:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Lulz @ GF on my jock again. :happy:

11. otc

otc Senior member

I hate prius cabs.

I get that hybrids make great taxis (all stop and go, very little highway, gas hits the bottom line, the car will be driven into the ground before battery lifespan becomes an issue, etc.), but the prius is not a suitable design for a taxi.

The back seat is tiny (lol at trying to get 5 in), the luggage space is not particularly large, and there isn't much headroom. The prius is a fine vehicle to drive and own, but it is terrible for a chauffeured ride home from the airport or a trip to the next bar with a few buddies.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

You're gonna have a bad time if you try to fit five people into a cab.

13. otc

otc Senior member

You gotta befriend some non-fat chicks... 5 is totally doable

14. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Airline travel vouchers.

On the return from a recent pleasure trip inside the US I was scheduled for two short flights to return home on a Thursday. I work for myself so I am flexible.

Long story short: I repeatedly volunteered to give up my assigned seat. In compensation I received 4 free nights in a hotel near the airport and arrived home with $2800 in vouchers from a major US carrier and a check for $800. Original ticket cost me a little over $400.

The carrier and dates don't matter. I plan to do the same thing next year and I will not give away those details.

1 person likes this.
  15. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I am in that microscopic minority of SF members who have actually eaten squirrel. Fried squirrel is pretty good. Tastes like rabbit.

16. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Reported for redneck privilege.

3 people like this.
  17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

:revolve:

18. otc

otc Senior member

Moving to a new office over the weekend.

This office has a window that partially overlooks some sort of dormitory ("Independent off campus living")...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

All right. Which carrier gave you this, because this is fucking ridiculous for a domestic bump (in a very good way for you, of course). I think the best I ever got was a $1500 voucher, one free hotel night, and nothing else, and that was when Delta/Air France had to bump me from a biz class ticket for multiple European cities, finally ending in Delhi, because there was a medical emergency on the first leg

20. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

You know, there was once atime when I would wait between bar closing time and 6am at the nearest gas station to buy several six packs of beer, usually accompanied by some low-life female.

On this one particular occasion, I woke up wearing a sundress.