1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Man. The North really knows how to handle some snow. Atlanta should heed its lessons.

NEW YORK -- He’s been in charge for only about a month, but New York’s Mayor Bill de Blasio has already angered one famous city resident: Al Roker, weatherman of NBC and Weather Channel fame, who took off on the mayor on Twitter.
    Despite 5 to 8 inches of snow falling during the morning commute, De Blasio and his schools chancellor, Carmen Farina, decided to keep the city’s public schools open, a decision that angered many parents, including Roker.
    “Why are schools all around NYC closed? It’s going to take some kid or kids getting hurt before this goofball policy gets changed,” Roker wrote on Twitter. A few hours later, he again took to Twitter complaining that his daughter’s NYC public school was being let out early, which made parents and caregivers scramble to get home.
    “Is there no one there with any common sense?” Roker tweeted. “Long range De Blasio forecast: one term.”

http://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...-fight-20140213,0,6561458.story#ixzz2tV6dyCBt

2 people like this.
  2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I didn't see any pictures of cars on fire from the Northeast despite all of the snow we've gotten this winter. Nor have I seen cars abandoned on highways.

Face it Ed, the Northeast is your superior.

3. edinatlanta

dude, yall cain't be learning no readin' up there. I said we should heed the lessons of the North.

Anyway:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Still hangin on to the Yanks' defeat of the Johnnys in the War of Northern Aggression?

5. Tony Baccala

Tony Baccala Member

I've got family and property a couple miles from the shore of Lake Superior in Michigan's Upper Peninsula where lake effect snow is an every day thing. Last time I was there, Thursday morning there was no snow on the ground and by Saturday at noon it was over my knees and drifted up to the top of the hood of the car. This is a region where they hold school closing on account of snow in rank contempt. Get the kids on the sled (ski doo), and head into town. People use snow cats both for plowing and for transportation if the snow is deep and whole families using kicksleds are are occasionally seen. Snow plows there are often the multi-blade type or the giant V type wedge plow. A snow crisis is when the beer truck can't deliver. People learn to live with the snow. Al Roker needs to get some stugats ... whiny putz.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  6. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Z, this sort of snark regarding TWBtS just might make me reconsider your nomination for the SF Outlaw Convention.

7. edinatlanta

Bitch, you're the softest member of sf.

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

The Dutchs are kicking ass of Olympic medals.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:lol: somebody's butt hurt

10. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

thanks! so this weekend was pretty cool. aside from sleeping in our new place got to spend my birthday doing a trail read for the bike race this sunday and thinking to myself I wouldn't be able to do this 10 years ago. also spent the rest of the day with teh wife and kids which is also :slayer:

wow. good to know its treatable. I hope she gets good medical care where she's at.
    and just in case you wanna help, I can ask around where she can get very good treatment for that kind of tumor in the US

12. edinatlanta

I know no one is going to believe me but I'm really not. With the total perfection of living in the South, I can't really get too worried about Northerners' continued failing.

13. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Half their women athlete are lesbians...

It does help to have an army of butch ladies in your country..

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Aside from the Dutch and the Russians, what other nationalities do you despise?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  15. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I presume you and your baseball bat have booked your tickets to the Vatican already.

2 people like this.
  16. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

:nodding:

17. edinatlanta

Shut. Up. Noob.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I too have always felt the best way to deter horrific acts of violence is with the sound application of a baseball bat to the cranium.

1 person likes this.
  19. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

+1

20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I have not been watching much, but I assume NBC is providing a Muslims vs. Catholics running medal count?

1 person likes this.