1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I dare not create black ice, lest my african american neighbors deduct I be racist.

1 person likes this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

office closed early so i was able to make it to the PO and get a package that otherwise would have been impossible to get, as that PO is only open M-F 10AM to 4:30PM (which is absurd).

4WD FTW.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

My assistant asked me today, do you realize that you have about 3 months of sick time accrued?

That makes me happy because it's like found money, but what the fuck am I going to do with it? (Malingering not an option obvi)

4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Get a bunch of voluntary surgery.

2 people like this.
  5. js4design

js4design Senior member

Draining Pool Ices Road, Causes Three Crashes

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the movie Showgirls (its on cable now)... its funnier without sound and subtitles.

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

last night whilst surfing the channels (television) I came across mtv (they still play music videos in mtv here) and miley cyrus was singing 'wrecking ball' in all her skinny white ass glory, and both acidkids said "ewww... change the channel!". that made me happy.

2 people like this.
  8. why

why Senior member

Preview for this thread reads 'last night whilst surfing the channels (television) I came...'

2 people like this.
  9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Great kids you have there Acid...:slayer:

She is vile at best.

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Happy to get out of this horrible weather in New York and go see my boo in Cambodia in the horrible weather over there. I leave tomorrow.

3 people like this.
  11. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Acid dad said, "Kids get out of the room! Dad needs to talk to Miley."

1 person likes this.
  12. js4design

js4design Senior member

I've got the longest commute and arguably the worst car for snow in the office, and I'm one of three people that made in today. Normally that would piss me off, but the two that made it in are my boss and my boss' boss.

13. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Jesus everyone is a pussy about the snow. Just drive carefully. It's not that fucking bad. People in North Dakota (Teacher, where are you?) deal with this shit every day.

1 person likes this.
  14. js4design

js4design Senior member

What people forget is that North Dakota also has people who know how to drive in the snow, people who buy and/or equip their vehicles with snow in mind, and a department of transportation that knows how to clear snow so it doesn't become a sheet of ice.

15. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Here in the NY/NJ area its about public transportation. I drove to the train station this morning but came back home because I wouldn't have made it in until 11ish. We do everything online though so its more productive to have everyone at home 9-5 instead of in the office from whenever-4.

16. MrG

MrG Senior member

How much is it snowing there? People here overreact anytime it sticks, but there is a point at which the accumulation becomes an issue.

I've been fortunate in that I have a vehicle that's well equipped for snow, so I've been okay the handful of times I've had to deal with real snowfall around here. I found it to be very similar to driving in mud - take your time, go easy on the skinny pedal, etc. However, at some point, when you get enough on the ground, it becomes an issue simply by virtue of having a lot of stuff on the roads. When that happens, it's not so much about driving in a bit of snow; it's about not having the vehicle/equipment or municipal ability (no plows, salt, etc.) to manage it.

17. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

are you still going to poast while away? do they have the internet there?

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Home now, but still pretty happy that Budapest was awesome.

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

A former client of mine, who I stopped working with because they kept dragging their feet and then claimed, they were in demand and had people knocking their door down wanting to be their agent, send me an email today asking if I was interested in being their agent again. :rotflmao:

20. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I probably won't have time to post, but I might tweet once in a while. Their internet is pretty sparse. My girlfriend has it in her apartment though.