1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Never had Cassano's. There must be like 10 Donato's in Columbus.

2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Diane Keaton is so hot.

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I'm wicked happy that you can instantly listen to a song you like, or figure out how to fix something through youtube.

Today I listened to The Chronic, replaced rear brake light bulb (so easy took two minutes after a trip to Napa autoparts), and planned a backyard garden by watching clips on youtube.

I did this all on an iPad/iPhone too (hell even listening to The Chronic I just brought around some bluetooth speakers).

I'm heading towards my mid 30's and not too long ago I would've had to: Take out my CD of The Chronic from its jewel case and put it into my large 6 disc cd changer console (or discman), brought my car to my dad/mechanic friend to figure out how to change out the bulb, and not even bother doing a garden (or bought a book on gardening).

4. otc

otc Senior member

Played the game of thrones board game for a second time today (this time with a full 6 players). I was the Lannisters, and when it became clear that I was shut out and could not win on my own, I assessed my options, shifted my allegiances, and supported another player to victory.

Seemed very fitting...

I have ownership of the gmail account with my firstname.lastname. I don't use it, but sometimes I check it for fun to read goofy people's emails what they think is someone else. This time there weren't any good emails besides some fugly chick sending clothed (thank god) pics...but there are always a lot of facebook notifications since some dumbass seems to have managed to get an account made without having to verify the email.

Today I went ahead and logged into his danish facebook page, accepted some friend requests, added all of his "suggested" friends, and then put up a post with a picture of the double-dick-dude that has been going around the internet.

6 people like this.
  5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Nice to see Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult back together.

6. otc

otc Senior member

really? aww

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Just got back from the office, where I was preparing for the start of the semester tomorrow. I put together some notes on G.W. Leibniz, which I sang to the tune of "Groovy Movies." (I was the only person in the office.)

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

just finished arranging the cable and internet connections to the new house. and the 60" tv will be installed this week... gonna start moving in soon!

5 people like this.
  9. L'Incandescent

There are certain posters who are just on fire as of late, I mean such as b1os, deej (donjuan17), otc, sixohnine, redcaimen, Hoot_McGroot, The_Bookmobiler, and Man of Unit.

10. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Fiancee caught me rotating glassware after I washed it. I asked if she does the same thing, or if I'm just OCD. She also rotates the glassware. "Otherwise you're always using the same glasses!"

3 people like this.
  11. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

FTFY

12. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Glad to help.

1 person likes this.
  13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Finally get to suit up for work for important client interviews.

:bounce2:

Oh, and t mobile's reception, coverage, and download speeds have been excellent so far, @aravenel.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Fuck you, girlfriend.

2 people like this.
  15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I'm in union square. Or at least I was. Heading to Wall Street now and excited to finally check it out as I've never been.

16. L'Incandescent

My semester starts today, so I will start suiting up again! (I interviewed job candidates last week, and so I got to suit up a bit last week as well.)

17. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

is or was?

you just discovered this? my kids do this all the time. mostly for rainbow loom tutorials. its cray.

18. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm in Union Square too. I work in Union Square.

19. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Just walk it... seriously NYC is weird like that.. you can walk 4 miles like nothing. Its such a nice day. The walk from USQ to Wall St. is fucking awesome too.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Drugs or skanks?