1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Oh, so you like the removable denture girls for the oral?

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Speaking of teeth, do you all think 25 is too old to get braces?

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

No way. I often think about getting braces or Invisilign (didn't wear retainer in early teens).

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

If you plan on living for a few more years, why not? It is fairly common to see 20-30 y/o's with the modern adult braces.

6. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm almost certainly going to start looking into Invisalign within the next year or so, and I'm in my mid-30s. Teeth move as we get older, and the little bit of movement I've experienced has exacerbated some crowding I've had since my adult teeth all came in. The crowding was never enough to bother me much in the past, so I didn't do anything about it, but in the last year or so it has gotten to be uncomfortable. Plus, the way one of my front teeth has moved is really unsightly to me. I don't want it to get worse, and I figure I've got at least a few decades left on this body, so I may just get everything straightened up.

That said, I might run the other way if they tell me I need anything other than Invisalign.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  8. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

whenever I see adults with very visible braces, my mind always goes to "I bet you they assume I'm judging them", which is in and of itself a judgement.

1 person likes this.
  9. otc

otc Senior member

Invisalign has come down in price right?

Probably the way to go if you are willing to trade more money and alignment time for not having to go to a job interview 12 months from now wearing braces.

10. js4design

js4design Senior member

Invisalign is an overpriced product that underperforms. Traditional style braces are still by far the most effective way to a straight smile.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  11. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

My wisdom teeth has jacked up my bottom teef. One uf muh teef is in uh bit mo.

12. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

My genetics (largely from the British Isles) damned me to horrible teeth. To add insult to injury, I had significant damage done due to too much fluoride as a child. Fixed the over-floridation issue with root canals and crowns (it cost as much as the queen's jewels).

I could really careless about fixing the rest. If someone thinks that makes such a big difference, then to hell with them.

Also, Jewel was hotter before she fixed her teeth.

13. Neo_Version 7

If we're talking about bangable women with messed-up teeth, look no further than Kirsten Dunst.

14. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I saw Jewel singing a Christmas song on tv the other day she is still quite the beauty.

1 person likes this.
  15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Isn't she post-menopausal in Neo-world? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  16. otc

otc Senior member

is that a thing? My dentists always make it seem like you can't get enough flouride

17. Neo_Version 7

Not during her Jumanji days

1 person likes this.
  18. MrG

MrG Senior member

Yeah, according to my research, it's roughly similar to the cost of traditional braces. Plus, my dental insurance picks up a substantial part of the cost, even for adults.

I'm not looking for perfection, and I'm not thrilled about the idea of having visible braces for a long time. I'm also super prone to canker sores, and my understanding is that braces can make that pure hell.

I honestly never cared before - I like a little bit of imperfection - but I'm mostly considering it because of the comfort issue. I'm not thrilled about the way one of my teeth has moved, but I'd be a lot less bothered if I knew it wouldn't move again and my teeth were more comfortable. I'm hopeful there might be another way to address it, but I'm not optimistic.

19. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Mr. G does your company's sick days cover braces?

1 person likes this.
  20. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

"Sex with you is like a Kafka-esque experience."