1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

No. Shave those once, and you never do it again. Unless you're idfml.

Long story: to get to the back yard, we have to go around the pool, and there's an oak sapling that's starting to take root - and a larger tree-like thing of indeterminate origin that's branching out into the walkway. It was early-ish and I was taking the dog out for a pee, and I thought...hey, I know where those loppers are...and I never have the time to do this when I get home... So at 4:45 this morning I had the loppers out and started pruning back that stupid tree.

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I'm getting gray hairs. They're actually becoming noticeable. Fuck knows why this makes me happy, but it does.

3. Bhowie

Bhowie Stylish Dinosaur

Lucky, I have to shave those bad boys every 3 weeks.

4. munchausen

munchausen Distinguished Member

Just found a 100 dollar bill in the pocket of my shirt. Don't know how it got there or how long it's been there. I should probably be mad at myself for losing 100 bucks and not knowing it, since I'm pretty far from being rich enough to toss around 100s like they are nothing, but instead I am all :slayer:

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I think you should be concerned about why your shirts have pockets...

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

awesome. glad you finally got some normal person sleep.

correct.
    ---
    had appt with doc yesterday. new meds, some OTC and a prescription cough suppressant. feeling so much better. :slayer:

7. in stitches

best. feeling. ever.

well, finding candy is better, but a hundo is pretty good.

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

SF members who have met me know that I am a reserved person who talks little about my private life. But I thought this story was too good not to share.

I went to a holiday party last Saturday night. The hostess introduced me to a gorgeous blonde -- think actress January Jones. This girl and I got to talking, and I discovered that she was smart (government lawyer) and well-traveled, and had a bubbly personality. Throughout our conversation, she gave me little signs that she was interested; meanwhile, all I could think was "Why are you not running away yet?" and "I can't believe this is happening." Later on in the evening, she tracked me down to let me know she was leaving for another party and gave me a hug goodbye. Naturally, I asked for her number. She seemed eager to meet up again.

Fast forward to last night. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to dating, and believe that a man should always call up a woman to ask her out rather than texting, regardless of how nervous he is. As expected, I got her voicemail and left a rambling and inarticulate message about getting together before the end of the world on Friday, and being willing to take the chance that the Mayans got it wrong if she wasn't available until next week. Damn, it sounded much smoother in my head than it came out of my mouth. She didn't call back, and I'm thinking I totally crapped away my chance with this girl. Then I received a text message an hour ago from her telling me that she got my message, she's headed to Boston today, and we'll touch base next week. :slayer:

I have no idea where this is going. She may change her mind about meeting me again before next week, or she may FZ me after our meeting. All I know is that I'm on a high, and nothing's gonna bring me down. In a year where my beloved Redskins appear ready to reverse countless years of frustration, why can't my personal life do the same? :)

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I love it when my girlfriend gets her period because I know she's not pregnant.

10. wootx

wootx Senior Member

Ahaha I used to breathe the same sigh of relief

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

11. rennavate

rennavate Distinguished Member

Be more confident, man. It's just a girl. You'll be fine.

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

Just relax, you'll do fine.

:slayer:

13. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

The family of the lost dog showed up at our door today with an adorable three year old telling us "thank you for finding our lost doggie." They gave us a thank-you card with a picture of them and the dog, a Starbucks gift card, and best of all, a generous donation to the local humane society made in my girlfriend's name. This whole episode has made my entire holiday; faith in humanity = restored.

14. in stitches

C, i met you, dude, you are a smooth cat, you will do fine. great news, glad for ya, mang.
    --
    jarude - great end to a great story. well done, sir.

15. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

C - happy for ya mang. Hope it works out.

Yeah, well, the thrill wears off after a while. Trust me on this one.