1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Sid

Sid Senior member

Thanks. Of course, now the wife wants to knock it down and build a new one...it was built in 1949, so she's probably right.

2. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Paid off my mortgage today.

That's worth celebrating. Congratulations. I'll be doing the same in....oh, 28 and a half years.

b

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

my sister was honered by her workplace and community yesterday - basically about 200 people go together for a dinner party to honor her. I flew in to be the families representative. my sister and I haven't been very close for years, and we don't get along that well, we have chosen very different paths in life. I was very very happy for her to see this treatment of her, its something that I know I will never get - this type of recognition.

about 40 people came up to me to compliment my sister, and tell me things that she had said to them about me, I was really amazed on both counts. I didn't think that she really cared for me very much, and I have always thought of her as less than impressive, too. so I was impressed that people thought so highly of him, and that she had thought of me enough to mention me to people she works with.

i don't get along with my sister either. we are complete opposites and just never connected since childhood. yet, once in a while i find that she speaks highly of me to her friends and associates. it is strange, but i suppose women see things their own way. maybe she thinks that by speaking highly of her brother, it reflects well on her.

4. jizzy p

jizzy p Active Member

Good music...
    at the moment, the new presets.

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

+1 on the good music. I've been listening to Marley & The Wailers' "Live at the Lyceum" on EL72/aportnoy's recommendation. Really fun stuff.

I'm flying to Columbus tomorrow to check out Ohio State. Northwestern waitlisted me (I'm surprised I didn't receive an outright rejection), so I'll probably make my decision this week. Quite the mix of excitement and anxiety tonight.

6. West24

West24 Senior member

I'm officially done school forever on wednesday. I'm happy yet feel sad and weird at the same time.

7. Coho

Coho Senior member

Congrats dude. I still have a few months to go.

I'm officially done school forever on wednesday. I'm happy yet feel sad and weird at the same time.

8. lexluther

lexluther Member

Having a nice job.. Enjoying the weekends with my loved ones...[​IMG]

9. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Mrs. 808 and I killed it last night at tango class.

b

10. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Mrs. 808 and I killed it last night at tango class.

b

that's cool. after 11 years of promising my wife, I am taking her salsa dancing tonight. this is going to be interesting - she grew up salsa dancing, I have never been.

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

that's cool. after 11 years of promising my wife, I am taking her salsa dancing tonight. this is going to be interesting - she grew up salsa dancing, I have never been.

In a nearby town the dance studio was giving out free swing dance lessons for 2-3 hours every Tuesday night in the summer. My girlfriend was always a big dancer, I wasn't; but every Tuesday last summer we went and we got pretty good at it. It was actually pretty fun.. Enjoy yourself tonight with the Mrs.

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

1. coaching my son's little league team. he's 8, so it's the first year keeping score, pitching, etc. lotta work, lotta fun.

2. biceps broke the 19" barrier...fianlly

3. baseball season in general

4. dior high-tops

5. coming vacation

13. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Yeah, go have fun. And you're wife will appreciate it. That's never bad.

Some how between the last two classes my wife and I got a lot better. Sure as hell wasn't because we were practicing. Whatever, we're clicking now. Probably happened with fox trot that way too and I just don't remember.

Now I'm looking forward to the Sunday evening outdoor milongas.

b

14. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Flew my Cessna on a beautiful day yesterday, just little things like that can make my whole week [​IMG]

JB

15. globetrotter

Yeah, go have fun. And you're wife will appreciate it. That's never bad.

Some how between the last two classes my wife and I got a lot better. Sure as hell wasn't because we were practicing. Whatever, we're clicking now. Probably happened with fox trot that way too and I just don't remember.

Now I'm looking forward to the Sunday evening outdoor milongas.

b

it should be interesting - I have better rythem than my wife, but she danced salsa all through her growing up and I havne't. so it should be fun. if it goes well, maybe we will make a habbit of it.

16. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

17. Coho

Coho Senior member

A good chess game with an old guy on a busy sidewalk in big cities. It does help my mood since I usually win.

[​IMG]

18. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

3-day weekends are glorious.

JB

19. globetrotter

3-day weekends are glorious.

JB

hey, didn't we cover the use of the word "glorious"? you are never going to get laid if you keep that up.

20. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Got an 85 on a term paper i had run out of time to write. Was worried that due to time constraints I didn't use enough sources for a sectino of it but it turned out ok.

I also handed in a take-home final today. I had fallen behind at the end of the term and i spent the beginning of this week reading and had to write 4 essays spanning 18 pages between yesterday and today.

I went shopping, got some brie, a baguette, raspeberries, and a bottle of pouilly-fuisse to help me relax tonight. [​IMG]

edit: crazy night tonight. I haven't opened the wine yet but I did a thorough cleaning of my apartment and just took a nice cool shower. This makes me very happy since it's been disgusting for a week and a half. Electricians came in and tore up a bunch of walls leaving dust everywhere, but with 2 term papers, 4 essays, a final, a make-up test and regular work, i haven't had any time to clean. It's spotless now though! And since I'm drinking a whole bottle by myself, I may make my first drunk post ever later tonight. [​IMG]