1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Y'all can check my instagram for pics.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Subscribed!

3. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

All packed up and getting the fuck out of town tomorrow! Can't wait to get down to Georgia. I should visit our friend Ed.

1 person likes this.
  4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

[​IMG]

#sothisishappening #happybirthdaymrspiob

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. otc

otc Senior member

We started going when they kept having ridiculous coupons (showed up on slickdeals)

First was $5 of any entree (a basic burger is $4.99, so it becomes free), and then there were a series of buy one, get one free coupons.
    It does get expensive for the type of place it is once you add a special burger, smashfries, and a milkshake (but you do get the tin!)...I have stopped several times when I have been stuck late at work but missed the dinner order and happened to have ridden my motorcycle instead of the bus. Don't care about the price when I'm expensing it :)

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

INORITE!

lol no not generally. but i read her the posts from today. she found it very lulzy.

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I see you meant fast food, doh. Wendy's chicken sandwiches are delicious.

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

"All the leaves are brown........

And the sky is graaaaaaaaaaaay........."

1 person likes this.
  9. StephenHero

"Cal-Ah-Fornia Dreaming..........."

1 person likes this.
  10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

there is actually chick-fil-A in NJ, I've been to two of them one in secaucus and another in this super duper depressing mall that I found on the way back from biking with my wife on the D & R canal trails.

wendy's aisago crispy chicken sandwiches are very very good. the hard thing is not to order anything else with it like fries or a frosty - because it ends up being too much.

i don't know how chik-fil-A does it but that simple assed chicken sandwich with a slice of pickle is delicious.

there is actually a Chik-Fil-A in NYC too… its a secret location though. I'm not lying there really is one.

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the south just knows how to do fast food better. during the long road trip to Key West last year my wife and I found this place next to our hotel in charleston SC

http://eatcookout.com

[​IMG]

^ i went a little overboard and ended up getting heartburn for the first time in my life (and I'm nearing my mid 30's). I also gained about 8lbs on that trip from all the chik fil a and even waffle house (their breakfast wraps are perfect driving food) on rest stops.

12. StephenHero

Give moar xylophone. What a beautiful instrument.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

did your friend, partake of sushi?

lovely story.

the middle aged racist azn asshole from half a world away is also sending his best wishes.

++++++

didn't realize till now its just a 3 day workweek for us next week. and the kids are also on break. and its already halloween!

1 person likes this.
  14. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

If you're ever in Seattle, stop by Paseo. nom nom nom

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I can think of at least three places in Atlanta that if you don't like these Cubans you are thinking of a different sandwich.

At any rate, the media noche is superior to the Cuban.

16. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

having an awesome new coat is making me VERY happy.

17. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Truffle oil fries are the shizz!

18. MrG

MrG Senior member

Why are you coming to Georgia?

And why does the prospect of visiting Ed make you happy?

I've heard very good things about Seattle's food in general. I definitely want to get out there sometime.

If there's a place nearby, I'd be happy to try it, but I'm disinclined to drive around Atlanta looking for a Cuban sandwich when I visit the area where they were invented multiple times a year.

Also, I'm not sure "you're thinking of a different sandwich" stands to reason when I spent most of my life eating said sandwiches in the aforementioned location of invention.

19. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Granted one is in Buford, there's a few others sprinkled throughout the city, Crazy Cuban is good (and the only Media Noche I can find in Atlanta). Surprisingly enough I quite like Rising Roll's Cubans (more along the lines of its a hot gooey sandwich, what can go wrong than an appreciation of the ingredients)... But as you said if you go to Tampa then you're set as it is.

20. MrG

MrG Senior member

Crazy Cuban isn't too bad location-wise. Maybe I'll try to get by there. I also make it out to Buford on occasion, so that could work.

Yeah, there aren't many good things that have come out of Tampa, but the Cuban sandwich makes up for a lot of the suckitude.

All this talk about Cuban sandwiches has made me really, really want one. Now I'm stuck between my need to be a dismissive dickwad regarding non-Floridian Cuban sandwiches and my desire to have something that at least resembles a delicious Cuban sandwich. :fu: