1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Most ARs fire a .223, or 5.56mm. Not a .22.

This is exactly why the ban on full auto has cost more lives than it has saved. Nobody can hit anything on full auto. So we ban it, and then mass shooters fire on semi auto and kill a lot more people than if they were firing on full auto. Our gun laws make no sense at all.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I think bushmaster did a 22lr modified upper assembly (may have been a kit, may have been the actual rifle) that was pretty popular because it made ammo cheaper.

not a gun nut though, so I don't really remember.

Also, the military doesn't even use full auto m16s any more, havent since the A1, three round burst tops, and law enforcement doesn't even use that setting iirc.

3. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Sub-machine guns are wonderful for room clearing but not much else. The easiest gun to fire on auto standing and actually hit something is a SAW. It has enough weight that it doesn't bounce around like crazy. If you are on the ground or a turret you obviously want an M2.

@Liam, there are M4A1s that Rangers, SF etc get that are full-auto. My understanding is that they never use them on auto anyway.

1 person likes this.
  4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks, JJ. sorry you got stuck with work all day. hope you get some football in the agenda today.

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Austin is just :slayer:

:slayer:

:slayer:

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Certainly, and there are a lot of after-conversion kits that take .22.

There's a reason the military issues 3 rd burst rifles to infantry. They can't hit anything on full auto. No one can. If the Newtown shooter had full auto he would have missed everybody.

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

3 round burst... dick, chest, head. Isn't the military wholesome? Although in reality it's chest, miss, miss because the rifle rolls to the right. 3 round burst is pretty worthless too.

8. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

They should make a law that all guns have to be full auto.

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

The bad news is that I've got a two-hour meeting starting at 3. :( The good news is that I'm watching the Colts/ Broncos tonight. :slayer:

10. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

EmartNJ, talking about a .50 rifle or handgun? A friend of mine has a .50 desert eagle and we brought it to the range, honestly I felt ridiculous firing it, I much prefer a .45. I need to finally get something for around the house and I think I'm going to do a tactical 12ga.

11. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I meant this, the GOAT machine gun.

[​IMG]

12. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Looks like it gets the job done!

13. in stitches

:(

i will try and watch that. it may prove too stressful. if that the case ill settle for updates on my phone.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

my local sports team is better than your local sports team:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Must be the weekend for SF members to go shooting. We were hanging with friends and did some shooting and BBQ'ing out in the wild. We did three Winchester Whites on my .40 Glock (15 cap mag) and two on my Kahr 9mm (just 6 rounds per clip). The other folks brought their two Rugers, a 10/22 tactical and a Mini 14 tactical. They have a 50 rounder for the 10/22 and rapid fire on that is an eff'ing blast.

1 person likes this.
  16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I was alright. Kind of all over the place. Shot the Glock 19 at 15 yards and the AR-15 at 30 yards.

[​IMG]

Friend recorded me shooting a little bit. Recoiled like a noob :(. The laser dot sight was sick as hell. Loved it.

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

This makes me happy I'm not American.

Now do you see why everyone was chuckling up their sleeve at you?

GF, hate to tell you this dood, but you've got a bald spot starting. Oh, and next time you're shooting do up that top button. You only allow yourself to get hot brass down your shirt once. The casings bounce off the stall walls and into shirts.

18. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Not bad form. I find that when shooting off a block like that it's best to put your left hand on top of the butt stock. Either that or on the magazine well, it's never really better to have your hand all contorted to hold onto the hand guard. Also what Pio said about hot brass.

1 person likes this.
  19. in stitches

i took 3 naps today. :satisfied:

1 person likes this.
  20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Lol you think I haven't noticed that bald spot already and freaked the fuck out over whether I might be balding? I noticed that spot four years ago when I was a sophomore and got so worried that I might be balding and all my friends made fun of me lol.

But it hasn't expanded at all over four years. I have, thick / heavy (no homo) hair and that weighs down and exaggerates the spot, if that makes sense. Regardless, I am deathly afraid that I will go balding in the future. :(

Imagine if someone developed the 'cure' to balding with no appreciably negative side effects and priced the treatment at around $1,500. Fucking trillion dollar industry, lol.

Anyway, I believe research indicates that a good predictor for whether you're going to go bald is whether or not your grandfather on your mother's side was / is bald. My grandfather on my mother's side amazingly had a full lock of hair until his passing, so I have my fingers crossed!