1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

^^ there is no official sect of joos like that, but in practice, there are many that fill that description. certainly not orthodox tho. ^^

yeah, that makes total sense. the jewish reason for not telling people until the expecting mother is pretty much showing is pretty similar in reason.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Funny, sometimes joos are just like regular people.
    :)

3. in stitches

lol, yes once in a while.

4. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Congrats! Time to find a way to get a raise!

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

So, this is a bit of schadenfreude. Car pooled with Mrs. Piob today as our schedules aligned. Driving home and see this newer Chrysler 300 with fancy rims bounce off the curb as it veered right too early to get into the right hand turn lane in front of us. After the turn it swung out and we kept to the lane we turned into and I passed it. Back rim was all fucked up and the young guy driving it was texting away. So basically he fucked up his expensive rim because he was texting. I hope he learned his lesson and stops before he kills or hurts someone else. Odds are he either won't notice the rim for weeks or when he notices it does not attribute it to bouncing off that curb.

6. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I feel the need to post in the architecture thread now.

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I am quite alright with this if his wheels were chrome.

9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Hipster llama hangs out with hipster cow

[​IMG]

10. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Not just a jewish thing.... MrG is right. You don't tell anyone outside you and the SO. I have had friends and even my baby bro have to tell people about a miscarriage. It is one of the most heart wrenching things I have had to endure. People who have been trying for two years have to come back and say SIKE.... Too many people are up in your grill when you just want to be left alone....

Three mos is a good rule for the WASPS, the Jews and everyone....

2 people like this.
  11. zarathustra

Damn. Hate to have to replace one of the dubs. Sheeeit never looks right.

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I was watching the redsox playoff game and my older brother called during the 6th inning from san francisco. He was so stressed out watching (as was I) that he called up so we could vent/bitch/cheer together in support.

the redsox actually pulled out the win, but the talk/call was even better, just shooting the shit while watching a baseball game together over the phone.

1 person likes this.
  13. zarathustra

I bought my first new car today. Not "happy" about it... but the difference on used vs. new was too narrow to justify buying used. It was one of those things where you question the meaning of life and everything you knew to be true. Buying a used car is supposed to be a deal. I think that cash for clunkers really drove up the prices on the used car prices. Really for 7K, I should go by a used car with 30K-50K miles? Doesn't seem right

Its all kinda cray cray. I was in college when my old man bought his first new car. Here's to .045% Financing over 72 mos!!!!

2 people like this.
  14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

How the fuck did you get that financing deal? And can you get that on Lamborghinis??

2 people like this.
  15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

:slayer: made in hotlanta! congratulations, M! really happy for ya!

16. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

WTF? That's insane.

17. in stitches

that is the only way to do it for me. i can not handle watching my team play, by myself. i need a distraction and a fellow fan to keep my stress level down.

18. Patek

Patek Senior member

Flock of Seagulls?

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

We've had two work parties today! Pizza AND an assortment of baked goods/desserts. As a hard-working employee, I left early to return to my duties (duties being SF).

2 people like this.
  20. MrG

MrG Senior member

Thanks!

I should be up for my annual review very shortly before the due date. My boss is a family man; maybe he'll give me a pity raise. :laugh:

Thanks, F!

Indeed! Just like its daddy (though the missus doesn't plan to deliver in the hospital where I was born, which is too bad because the child would be a third-generation G born at that hospital).

1 person likes this.