1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I had a wonderful afternoon with Nana where she told me stories about growing up in a farmhouse without hot water and electricity. Society has come a pretty long way.

2. otc

otc Senior member

Wonder if the judges would have enforced the time limit the other day if Oracle had been in the lead...

Also...I don't know if it made it through on live TV, but on the youtube version, you can hear someone yell "Fucking Asshole" on the boat when the RC calls off the race when they are within sight of the finish (and literally a kilometer ahead) :laugh:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  3. otc

otc Senior member

Today, I contributed to an open source project and my suggested fix will be included in the next release of the software.

I've submitted plenty of bug reports to various projects before, and I am sure my followup descriptions and tests have been helpful, but its not the same as actually making a change to the code base.

But after submitting a bug report to this project's maintainer...I had a pretty good idea of what might be wrong (I had run across a similar issue in a different language a couple of weeks ago). Looked into the code base and saw the line in question...changed it in my copy and the problem was fixed.

It was literally a 1-letter change to the line of code...but it works and it still makes me happy to have contributed (especially since this project has been immensely useful to me at work in the past week or two).

2 people like this.
  4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I definitely heard that on that race. You have to believe that Larry Ellison knew that these boats couldn't finish the course with the gennakers up in under 40 minutes.

OTUSA has really been dominating especially on the downwind jibes they are taking great care to stay up on the foils. ETNZ made a pretty big error in leaving the gennaker up in the beginning too which cost them some speed. All in all it makes for some great watching!

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

My new air purifier is huge and awesome.

6. StephenHero

Why not just get a rubber plant?

7. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Do you mean, a plant made out of rubber? Or a plant from which rubber is produced?

Come to think of it, the second type of rubber plant can be described in both of the above ways :confused:

9. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

or a rubber factory :confused:

10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

spend the better part of 6 hours today on rollercoasters. rollercoaters are the ish. best thing ever.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ man, I miss good ol' 'murkan roller coasters!

making me happy now: think we don't need to do 11 hour shifts anymore after a month and a half of those, long days at work really suck the life out of ya.

12. StephenHero

I don't know, whichever one is made out of plant.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  13. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I'm planning a month long trip with a friend and I can't remember the last time I was this motivated about anything.

14. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Drinking and eating in Montreal.

Anybody wanna meet up?

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

16. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Your mom.

1 person likes this.
  17. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

There is a guy who sometimes talks to me. Today he found a pretext to come to my office and talk to me, but he stood much closer to me than he really had to. I wonder if he was trying to flirt? That would be flattering, even though I am not into guys in that way.

18. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

You seem to be happy about all of this though..

19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

How do you know you're not into guys that way if you don't try it?

20. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

or he's just really eager to hear what you have to say. I also do this because I'm deaf as shit, also weirds people out when I stare at their mouths, but I usually explain to people I lipread and if I can't see their mouths I get maybe a third of what they're saying if there's even slight background noise...

or he wants to bone you