1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

On the one hand, that was really an awful thing your ex-gf said to you. But on the other hand, from my outsider's perspective at least, you have hit the jackpot in life. You're living a life that the vast, vast majority of people could only dream of. I can't believe you need to rejoice in the ugliness and stupidity of other people's children.

1 person likes this.
  2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

well, yes, its not that I dance around and think about it. its just when they post on facebook and I think, "yeah, that is pretty sub-par"

and, ok, I'm not proud of it, but I guess nobody is proud of schadenfruende.

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I had an white girlfriend waaay waay back in early highschool. The family was well to do and her parents loved me. We broke up because they moved to another state. We all kept in touch though. But during the election last year both the parents and the old girl friend were very very active on my facebook page and apparently they turned into super right winged/tea party types. Personally I have nothing against that side of politics but once their posts started getting blatantly bigoted (against blacks/mexicans and the race of the president). At one point they started asking me straight out about my thoughts on "obama care" and posting loaded questions for all my other friends and family to see.

I did try to engage in some sensible debate with them - but I realized that it was bound to turn into a troll war type of thing.

I did see their whole family recently when they visited NY early this year. the parents were so aged, the old girl friend didn't age well (mid 30's but looked older and tired), and she married a not so well to do guy. Apparently the family lost a lot of money in the early 2000s. Naturally we were all very friendly to each other once face to face. I was happy to see them.

but I'm not going to lie... it was sweet knowing that my wife and I were doing a lot better than her and her husband.

2 people like this.
  4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

did you at least get a "for old times sake" handy?

1 person likes this.
  5. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

I would be really happy that I did not end up married to someone who considered the relative attractiveness of their offspring to be that important . Growing up with a mother who felt you weren't good looking enough would be a real drag

1 person likes this.
  6. L'Incandescent

Can't remember if I've already posted this, but I have discovered my new signature look. It is a navy top of some sort (long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, sport coat, etc.) and pink pants or shorts. (I am reminded of this because I am wearing my new signature look today.) I am going to try to acquire enough different articles of clothing so that I can wear some version of this combination seven days a week.

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

S

Cool, I'll give you a call tomorrow morning and work it out. Should be a great time

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Iov
    Can't remember if I've already posted this, but I have discovered my new signature look. It is a navy top of some sort (long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, sport coat, etc.) and pink pants or shorts. (I am reminded of this because I am wearing my new signature look today.) I am going to try to acquire enough different articles of clothing so that I can wear some version of this combination seven days a week.[/quoiPod]

I love the idea of a signature look

1 person likes this.
  9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

This would be amazing. G, FLMM, Douglas and myself. Getting together IRL. Wow. I hope this pans out!

10. in stitches

bought my first filson. :satisfied:

1 person likes this.
  11. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

12. in stitches

twill and harris tweed. in navy. i liek.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

4 domestic flights next week starting tomorrow, and first class upgrades already cleared for all of them :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

y'all should look into hiring them as housekeepers or something

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

In this era of fiscal tightening,it is quite an achievement especially for domestic flightd..

16. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Have confirmed plans with a few great longtime SF pals. Looking forward to it!

1 person likes this.
  17. why

why Senior member

Where's that LabelKing quote about domestic first class?

18. L'Incandescent

I just found out that the tooth I chipped last week will be easy and inexpensive to repair, of which will be done on Friday.

Last night I did dream that parts of my other teeth broke off. (I also dreamed that there were scorpions on the floor and I tried to squash them but failed, and then they attacked me. But that is not relevant to the point about my teeth, which is why I put it in parentheses.)

1 person likes this.
  19. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is that a sex toy?

20. Connemara

Connemara Senior member