1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

No need - has to be pre-buckingham/nicks, otherwise Why's ethos would implode.

1 person likes this.
  2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

omg Bob Mould. <3

grrr pancakes do not suck. you take that back!

yeah, i'm fond of pre-Yardbirds Clapton myself.

3. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

New bike is built up..she'll be 16.5 lbs once some more ti bits and new wheel is built :D

4. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Peter Green

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Weather tonight is literally perfect. No humidity, about 60 degrees, windy. Breeze blowing through the entire apartment. I wish every day could be like this.

1 person likes this.
  6. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Rain, it's been 25c+ and humid for the last 2 weeks.

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

8. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Not really happy per-se but I have a job that allows me to pick my own hours, any time, 24/hrs a day, 7 days a week. That just changed recently. So I applied at a Ralph Lauren store here. I have an IT and Business Systems Analyst background but wrote a cover letter explaining I have a passion for men's style and gave a list of features they may admire. Wonder if I'll get it. That would be a pretty fun job I think. Never worked retail. And not concerned about the pay.

10. in stitches

could be a lot of fun, but retail is not an easy gig. i have been in a few RLs, but the only 2 i have been in often are the one in denver and the one in chevy chase, MD. the one in denver, while nice, the SAs dont seem to be loving it. the one in CC seems like a really cool place to work, and the SAs seem very happy. its also a way cooler store.

make sure you know what its going to be like, and good luck!

11. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Thanks dude.

Another thing making me happy:

I've been at this job for about 8 months and one of my coworkers always asks me to do the little things that are not my job. Technically they could be, but they're not. Out of 13 other employees, he's the only one that ever asks me to do the reports. They're supposed to take turns and when it comes to his turn, he asks me. It's a report that takes 10 minutes to make and needs to be made twice a week. That's just one of the things. I think he thinks he can get away with it because I'm the youngest and newest by at least 15 years.

He got me on messenger today and here's the gist of our conversation, him in bold. I'm in Italics.

Hey we need the ********* report
    Ok. I'm in the middle of a project right now.
    Ok well when you have time.
    Can you do it?
    It's your job, falls under your job title
    Actually it could be argued that it's not and that you just don't want to do it.
    Let's ask **** (my manager)
    Ok. I'll send him an email as well, we can take our kindergarten level issue to him and see what he says. Why is it that nobody else asks me to do the reports, just you?
    It's your job.

I sent my manager an email explaining the entire situation and how, if he wants, I can do the reports all the time, but I thought he wanted me devoted to one project and not interrupted by other things. I also apologized for bringing him such a trivial issue, but it's gotten on my nerves so bad. I never got a response back but the jerk coworker just came up and said, "Why didn't you tell me he said he wanted you on other projects?" (two inches from my face, smelling like cigarettes) "I didn't think it mattered, since it's really just you being lazy. Even ****** does his own reports." (The laziest person I've ever met, and he hates) "Whatever man."

Well that's that. I felt better. And I feel like I work with children, three times my age.

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Bull shit wadn't my job to right those reports it was yours stop youre liable on Style Forum!

13. in stitches

jester - the dude is clearly just trying to intimidate and take advantage of you, like a stray animal that you mistakenly fed one time and keeps coming back, but not nearly as cute. you did the right thing to cut him off.

edit - if it really was l'inc, then he might even be as cute as a stray cat. in which case, the analogy is complete.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  14. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Stop your liable "In Stitches" I ain't a cat Im a man, a man who another guy "mrjester" was suppose to wright that report!

1 person likes this.
  15. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

Took me some time to read L'inc's stuff.

Did I mention, the guy looks exactly like Ron Jeremy? That's part of the reason why I was disgusted with him on day one. We've had our fights before. I seldom go to HR about stuff (actually, never have) so I refrained. But he's a complete schmuck.

We were watching the Superbowl since we had to work that day and Beyonce was on in the half-time show. He goes, "Mmm, god damn, look at those fucking thighs. I'd eat that p***y right up, jesus. I mean, the thighs are a little big for sure, but I'd forgive her probably. I'd still take it home. Jesus, look at those f***ing tits. Fantastic. Mmmmm!!!! Mmm hmmmm!! (licks lips). Juicy!"

Then he looked at me and I had this disgusted face on. He asked what my problem was. I couldn't take it and snapped, right at 'juicy'. Plenty of people around but I couldn't hold it in. I said, "You're my problem, man. It's enough that you look like Ron Jeremy, you sound like him too. I don't need you in the corner making disgusting sounds while watching TV, I have to sit next to you. It's disturbing, seriously. You are flat out disgusting and it's ridiculous. And you're telling me you would 'forgive' Beyonce for her thighs being 'fat', are you serious? Have you looked in the mirror?" "Well I was just kidding, dude." "You have a terrible disgusting way of kidding. Stop that shit when I'm in here."

I've since migrated to an abandoned office. My manager said I could just set up in here. He doesn't know any shit happened, he's just cool like that - and I think he likes me more than them. Thank god.

And this is why I'm applying at other jobs. And applying at RL, where I could at least have some fun while working.

1 person likes this.
  16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

L'inc looks like Ron Jeremy? I wonder if he does in all the most important aspects? no homo

1 person likes this.
  17. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

lol. No, the douchebag at work.

I have no idea what L'inc looks like. But he's got a hot avatar.

18. in stitches

i was merely implying that you are cute like a cat, not that you actually are a cat. but if you insist otherwise, so it is.

--

jester - btw, lol at "the thighs are a little big for sure, but I'd forgive her probably". it always amuses me when people talk about how they want to bang this and that famous person and phrase it not only as if they could if they wanted to, but that they would have overlook some egregiously gross aspect of this famous person, and do them the favor of even considering having sex with them. idiots.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  19. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I say exactly that all the time.

"would not hit" when someone posts a picture of some gorgeous celebrity for some reason. Too skinny, too fat, too shirt, blonde, brunette, boobs too small. Get the fuck over yourself.

1 person likes this.
  20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

So now Ron Jeremy has to do his own WENUS?