1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

that is so white
    Yeah it kind of is. We almost brought along a six pack of Yuengling...that would have been honky overkill.

2. padronlover

padronlover Senior member

The weather. There is absolutely nothing like waking up at 1 PM, eating a big brunch and then taking it outside to play some frisbee.

let's make that medium to small brunch next time.

some ULTIMATE? what an athlete [​IMG]

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Enchanted. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Great movie!

4. West24

West24 Senior member

Just got back from my tournament i posted about earlier in this thread.
    first fight won by stoppage in first, was up 18-2 on points.
    second fight won by knock out in first.
    third fight didnt happen because the coach of the other fighter didnt want him to fight me. so i won the gold, and im happy!

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Great movie!
    I can't wait until you guys "watch" Enchanted together.

6. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

I got a midterm back this week. After the test I thought I had gotten a low 80. It came back with an 88 though. ^_^ 29/30 for the essay questions. It was a nice end to an otherwise shitty week.

Nice one!

I too am riding the wave of euphoria that comes from a decent academic performance. (3 modules last semester; 3 'firsts')

I have slight worries though, as I have to produce 2 papers by the time I start back and I have yet to start writing either.

Hopefully my now tried and tested approach will produce the goods!

If not, maybe I can talk them up. As my old boss used to say, 'If you get a reputation as an early riser, you can lie in bed until midday most days'.

7. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Thinking about a major career and lifestyle change. Giving up on my graduate degree in economics and decent paying yet incredibly boring cubical drone job, and going to a community college to take up a skill trade or something similar.

Still need to give the idea some more thought, but I'm so far feeling pretty optimistic about it.

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Nice one!

I too am riding the wave of euphoria that comes from a decent academic performance. (3 modules last semester; 3 'firsts')

I have slight worries though, as I have to produce 2 papers by the time I start back and I have yet to start writing either.

Hopefully my now tried and tested approach will produce the goods!

If not, maybe I can talk them up. As my old boss used to say, 'If you get a reputation as an early riser, you can lie in bed until midday most days'.

I have a hell week coming up. I have two term papers, plus a test, all by wednesday. Plus, I promised to get a new database up and running for a client this week. Being sick last week really messed me up.

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Thinking about a major career and lifestyle change. Giving up on my graduate degree in economics and decent paying yet incredibly boring cubical drone job, and going to a community college to take up a skill trade or something similar.

Still need to give the idea some more thought, but I'm so far feeling pretty optimistic about it.

Move to calgary if you take-up a trade. There is a huge shortage with the growth there.

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Receiving love from unexpected quarters.

11. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Move to calgary if you take-up a trade. There is a huge shortage with the growth there.

That's Phase 2.

12. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Receiving love from unexpected quarters.

So where did you put the peanut butter this time?

13. Nonk

Nonk Senior member

Oh yes, did I mention I met the woman of my dreams last summer and have been together for 8 months now!

Every 37 year old undergraduate bloke should have a beautiful, 28 year old PhD girlfriend.

She helps with papers!

14. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Oh yes, did I mention I met the woman of my dreams last summer and have been together for 8 months now!

Every 37 year old undergraduate bloke should have a beautiful, 28 year old PhD girlfriend.

She helps with papers!

couldn't be happier if it were me in your shoes. good for you.

15. Fulcannelli

Fulcannelli Senior member

lol...

Im getting an Audi R8 this Sat (not for keeps..) so I can ponse around in it for hte weekend.
    Thats making me happy, im so materialistic

16. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

That's Phase 2.

My uncle says they are paying some guys on the oil fields like 250k/yr. However, he also says that you can't breathe in those towns and that everyone basically lives in trailers because they can't build houses fast enough.

17. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

My uncle says they are paying some guys on the oil fields like 250k/yr. However, he also says that you can't breathe in those towns and that everyone basically lives in trailers because they can't build houses fast enough.

yea... that and you're living in fucking Alberta.

18. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

On Ritz crackers.

19. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Set the rosemary pot outside in the sun yesterday.

20. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

-Nicer weather. I have seasonal affective depression in the winter so this is good for me.
    -A friend of mine may be flying in from Denver to connect to a flight to Shanghai so I get to see him
    -Monday is overwith.

JB