1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

For the first time in nearly two years I'm getting to go out and do some archaeological excavation in the field. I've really missed being outdoors, the close team work digging involves and the actual processes of excavation and recording.
    I also get to spend a month in a beautiful part of the country, and I have a weeks holiday afterwards to look forward to too!

That's awesome. I'm just finishing a classics degree but it's just for fun b/c i'm in IT. What are you digging?

2. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Distinguished Member

That's awesome. I'm just finishing a classics degree but it's just for fun b/c i'm in IT. What are you digging?

A deserted medieval village - probably just houses and gardens in the main trenches, but we're putting in smaller trenches over a wide area so you never know... We're trialling some new integrated GPS /electronic recording system too.

I just tried on a pair of my old digging trousers and they seem to have shrunk in the waist...

3. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Classics? So you are actually GQgr33k?

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

Classics? So you are actually GQgr33k?

I suppose that Ganymede jokes are next. [​IMG]

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

My girlfriend just got a sweet promotion, which involves not only a lot more power and responsibility, but a 62% raise. [​IMG]

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

My moms is on her way up. We're going to go out to dinner and she wants me to show her some of the markets and other nice places I've been around the city. Should be great! I wish my dad could come too, but he's got ambulance duty today so he has to stay within city limits. Anyway, I haven't seen either of them in a while and miss them both.

7. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Stylish Dinosaur

Keut azn girls at bars. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

One more essay to go!

9. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

One more essay to go!
    [​IMG] I am almost done with this blasted paper!

10. Connemara

Only the conclusion remains.

11. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

Last essay is a bitch. We have to identify an object found in a ritual context on Crete. I have no idea what to write about it. I've searched two books on Minoan archaeology and I can't find anything similar to it. It's worth 1/3 of my take-home mark. fuck. I am going to spew bullshit and probably only barely hit the minimum essay length.

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

Done my last essay. It's crap. Verbosity ftw. Have one exam 10 days from now and I am finished.

13. Connemara

I'd like to read it. And laugh. To be fair mine is probably just as bad.

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I thought you guys both took pride in your schoolwork. You're pathetic! Both of ya's.

Besides, Gayk, ancient Minoan ritual.... isn't that exactly the shit you thought you'd be writing papers on when you signed up?

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

I was honestly just trying to fill the minimum words requirement on this last one. I really didn't have much to say. I must have missed a class where she showed a similar artifact.. [​IMG] Seriously though, we don't know dick about minoan religion and ritual because there was no writing. The object we had to write about was a series of three cylindrical columns with a blob on top. There wasn't a whole lot to say about it.=/

Anyway, tons of time befor my last exam, and it will be easy, so i'm done as far as i'm concerned (finally). Now I can concentrate on my ccie and shit that will actually get me paid. [​IMG]

Oh and I signed-up mainly for the Roman content of the program. I lurv the Romans, and will continue to read that stuff at my leisure.