things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Well, I kind of picture you looking like Homer Simpson.

2. doughboysc

doughboysc Senior member

I like to nickname my stepfather Homer just like Homer Simpson because he's bald, and he doesn't have a beer belly. Homer Simpson doesn't have a beard too.

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Of course! :)

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Sorry for my unsafe behavior :(

I had a great lunch with slash.

And there is something magical about stripping down to your boxers and changing in a parking garage in NYC

:uhoh:

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Trust me, you're not the first to do it.

6. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I think you meant Comic Book Guy.

7. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Haha, nice to hear other encounters of crazy moving days.

My story happened with a somewhat good female friend of mine. She was batshit crazy, a daily pot smoker, but we had a lot of fun as friends. She was going on tour for a gig for 3 months, and, instead of paying rent during that time, she thought it would be a good idea to move everything into storage and save money.

She knew about the trip for at least a few weeks, so there was plenty of time to prepare and pack.

So, at 9am, the day of her flight, I got a call from her. Mind you, I was at some random hookup's apartment still asleep, so at first I thought the call was a good thing. Get me the fuck out of there. The problem was that she was crying and I couldn't understand her. She begged me to come over. She eventually explained how she didn't think she could finish packing before her flight that afternoon. Fuck.

So my, at the time, broke ass took an expensive taxi ride to her palce. Yeah, she had a car too. There was so much left to pack. Holy crap. Not only that, she didn't have a moving truck so she had to take trips with her car to the storage unit. The storage unit was also a bit too small for all of her stuff. It was a huge fiasco and somehow she roped in another male neighbor to help out a little bit.

Anyway, it was a completely stressful day for me. So much crap. She spent so long packing a bag with clothes to bring for the trip. Coming from a guy who usually packs a bit more than average, she was packing way too much.

After it was all done, she had me drive her to the airport in her car. She barely thanked me and promised to take me out for an awesome dinner once she got back. She also said I could have her mattress, since I needed a new one.

After dropping her of, she had me drop off the car at another friend's house so that the other friend could use it while she was away. I couldn't even use her car.

And, guess what, no awesome dinner when she got back. She took me out to a cheap chinese place for lunch. Cost was about 10 bucks. Not only that, but she kept on bugging me for months to either return the bed or pay 100 bucks for it. I just ignored her. Finally when I moved out of the city I was in, she half offered to help me move. She came up and just took the bed. Oh yeah, and she wouldn't take the boxspring.

So many more details to my history with her, but I'll stop here.

8. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

By George you're right!

The question our fans are dying to know the answer: did you make teh sechs with her?

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Oh, I'd say he got fucked.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I am exceedingly happy about a financial transaction. I have a deferred compensation account at my organization and I decided to move from one platform to another. This requires an account liquidation. The account was liquidated on Tuesday and the money hit my new account today...and my broker promptly created my new portfolio with the market being down about 4% since I liquidated. :)

11. patrickBOOTH

I was excited when my 401k money went in yesterday after the market tanked. Then I was pissed that it tanked further today after the jobs report. :( Still need to do the money market thing and transfer when I want to like you said.

How long is executive compensation usually deferred for? Can it be negotiated, or is it fairly standard set amount of time across industries/companies? I know the execs at my company's base salary is nothing compared to deferred comp.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I'm not an expert at all the various ways to engineer deferred comp and one of the real financial guys should talk to that vs. me.

13. patrickBOOTH

I read our shareholder proxy statements and I am boggled by the different compensation gobbledegook.

14. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

No poontang from crazy chick. She was the queen of cock-tease. I wasn't necessarily hot for her although she is doable. I wasn't expecting much, but maybe a roll in the hay after my hassle would have been sufficient compenstaion hahaha

Ok, back to things making me happy.

The guy making, well, assembling my bike has the frame in the store today. I'll stop in tomorrow. yeaaahhh.

Also, I found out that Adam has a distributor here in Chile. I'm totally going to buy the Sub7 to make my Adam studio monitor system complete. Price is pretty much the same here as it in the US for the Sub7.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

:slayer:

so what'd you get?