1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

See you at 11:30 at The Olive, Piob -- can't wait for some excellent wine pairings with their unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks!

Anyway, these are unofficially the best potato chips in the world:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Brown is for North Dakota.

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Is that you and Gen in your new avatar?

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Yes. I lost a bet with deadly7 on the Rams-Vikings game last Sunday. The winner got to choose the loser's avatar. deadly7 said I had to choose a photo of me with my cat, which was a very kind thing of him to do!

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

This weekend's a great start to the holiday break! My daughter and I had our usual Saturday morning ritual of going to the local French bakery for breakfast, and now I'm getting ready to host the first stop of the annual neighborhood holiday progressive party tonight. I'm all stocked up on beer, homebrew, wine, and the makings for several Italian and French appetizers. Tomorrow, the two of us will hit the slopes for the first time this year.

1 person likes this.
  6. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

Got to leave the girls with A Canuker while I went to pick up my Mom which meant I had my music up to the point the bass was vibrating my mirrors. Perfect pick me up!

1 person likes this.
  7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I had an awesome lunch with a very good friend who I hadn't seen in five years and his new wife. I really enjoyed catching up with him and meeting his wife. She's gorgeous and fun to be around.

1 person likes this.
  8. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

^^ sounds nice, lady C and JJ ^^
    --
    L'icns avatar makes me happy.

9. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

It was and Agreed!

1 person likes this.
  10. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

saw a bunch of people tonight. as much as it sucked getting here, its kinda nice now I am.

oh, and new epaulets arrived. Pics in MC cas prolly.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  11. why

why Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

12. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

I finished six consecutive holiday get togethers. I need to rest the liver for a day or two before Christmas though. I'm surprised I'm intact. The party on Friday was in a tiny flat and at least one third of the people were ill. I'm getting old so I had to cheat and have a nap on one or two days.

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

[​IMG]

Fuck you, beignets, that's why.

1 person likes this.
  14. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

pretty good week, work wise

1. had a meeting with my boss to discuss some ongoing shit, I was feeling bad about a couple of fuckups that I have had recently due to not keeping track of some details, which is my weak spot. I brought them up, and she was really really good about it .

2. friday I got final approval from my ceo for a major project with multimillion dolllar investment that I was waiting for. there was a chance I was going to have to throw somebody under the bus to get the approval, and in the end i didn't

3. I have been trying to get a book of sop's done for, literally 5 years. I hired an external consultant to help me edit them, mostly so that she would push the project and get me to write what I needed and get information needed from other people and so on. I finished the last piece that I owed yesterday

4. last night went out to dinner with my boss, a collegue and our spouses to celebrate my year. yes, I was the only divison in the company that grew and was profitable last year, so instead of the dinner we have done in previous years with all the division heads, and instead of skipping it, we went out to a really high end place here and everyone spent the evening toasting and thanking me. it was very nice.

4 people like this.
  15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

GT - well freaking done. keep on rockin.

16. dune

dune Senior member

Entire company closes from the 25th to the 1st - and almost everyone took Monday off. I didn't bother to, but there will be almost no one at the office - so I'll just get some long-term stuff done, lurk on SF/reddit then head home early. And still get paid.

17. otc

otc Senior member

Received christams gifts from my girlfriend last night.

-an Aeropress
    -a bottle of saphir renovateur
    -a set of stainless sausage stuffer tubes for my meat grinder. :slayer:

She really knocked it out of the park and I think things are going quite well with her.

1 person likes this.
  18. dune

dune Senior member

Is that a sex thing?

19. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

So that's what the kids are calling it nowadays.

1 person likes this.
  20. otc

otc Senior member

Unfortunately, I find that the stainless steel condoms really lessen the sensation. I much prefer the natural casing.