things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[​IMG]

I decided to build up the bike myself. I wanted to swap out the 2012 (now 10 speed) Tiagra Triple for a compact double from SRAM.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tire clearances look to be huge. I've got the stock 28c tires on right now.. but I know I have my options to go huge for the winter/dirt/trails/ect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love, love, love the south - mostly for the food though. I'm glad you had a nice trip!

Do they let the Jiwesh wimminz within 1000ft of Augusta National? :devil: :lol:

2. otc

otc Senior member

That's quite a nice looking production bike

You definitely made the right call on swapping out the triple.

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

thanks doc!

its hard to say, my wife was not with me on the trip, but they did let me within 1000 feet. :)

nice bike btw.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I resemble that remark! *well except for the proper education thing, but that's soooo, like, overrated.

those metro classics sure have a nice profile. maybe I should be lookin' at commuter bikes as my next build.... :decisions:

jeesh what next, they'll let the coloreds inside the dining area too?!

++++

the last week of lent, from thursday onwards is a holiday here, plus monday is another holiday, so in a few hours I'll be fucking out of my desk for 5 days! woohoo!

5. otc

otc Senior member

Just had an extended argument with some friends about whether or not prediction markets should be illegal (like intrade or the iowa electronic market that let you bet on things like politics, decisions, or events).

Usually our arguments that keep going are retarded because someone is clinging to some idea that they are wrong about but they don't want to admit it so they try to swing the argument around until you are arguing about something that they actually know something about in order to try to win what is no longer the same argument. This one actually had 2 sides that were real sides and that remained 2 sides while discussion ensued (rather than starting an argument on the wastefulness of office printing and ending up at the likelyhood of a chinese nuclear strike since it turns out someone doesn't actually know anything about paper but thinks they have a better grasp of china).

I still don't have a problem with prediction markets though. I might not participate in them but I don't think they should be banned...

6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

To sound lovely is most of the time a polite way to say on the dating game she has a great personality..

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

my boss goes away for 10 days tomorrow. leaving me in the office all by my lonesome. :devil:

8. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I predict the glorious return of the "STITCH POSTING".

I had a fantastic time last night. Went to a friend's company launch party at the Gansevoort. Had three drinks, chatted up with friends, made new ones, and then left early to meet up with my dad, sister, and her bf for a dinner at the Hillstone. I had only ever been for lunch before, which was pretty decent. The dinner however impressed all of us. We expected it to be pretty good, but it was definitely a step better and reasonably priced, though not to the level of anything even like a Dovetail, Telepan, Dining Room at The Modern etc. We all enjoyed each others company and it was a wonderful evening.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  9. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

the hottest girl in my buildingl gave me an intensive glance in the stairway.

funny side aspect. her father, who lives at another place, told me, that he owns a gun and he wouldn't hesitate to use it. i have to understand, that this is nothing personal but a family affair.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  10. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

omg, +1

11. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

i assume you have security cameras there and your computer is in a safe network.

12. MrG

MrG Senior member

How many girls are there in your girl?

13. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

:puzzled:

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

edited