Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

she really is an evil woman.

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

:bounce2: You are 2.5 hours from me! But I won't see you because I'm not a member of Augusta National. BTW, I will tell my Jewish friend in Augusta to look out for you.

would hit, IRL

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

You're a little early, dude. The good stuff is next weekend!

Are you going to Augusta National?

He's only two hours from me.

Oddly enough, I also have a Jewish friend in Augusta.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

4. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I put my response over in The Wire thread.

5. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Great pics Dr Larry.

6. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

You're a little late for the protest, I think they started admitting jews a couple of years ago.

7. in stitches

haha, no, i am not going to augusta national. just meeting a few friends there. :)

ill keep an eye out for you j00 buddies.

also, my great grandfather was a rabbi there in the 40s (i think), and is buried there. i think that would make me the first great grandchild to visit his grave site.

replied

lol

8. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

offer still stands to buy all your booze and bread for a dollar. As a special, I'll buy 'Bo's for 50 cents.

9. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

10. in stitches

work is done.

off to a 3 day weekend of fun.

:slayer:

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Enjoy!

12. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

About 10 years ago I owned 3 bikes and was an avid motorcyclist, rode a couple of times a week in addition to a Sunday ride which typically went anywhere from 4 to 10 hours. One day I was riding by myself and Careless Guy coming from the opposite direction in his full size truck didn't understand the difference between a green light and a green arrow, so he turned left in front of me. I missed him by inches, and went between him and the guy in line behind him. Not a scratch.

But...my 5 kids were all at home, and ranged in age from 10 to 17. I couldn't get past the thought that I was being irresponsible by taking the risks associated with riding, and fairly aggressive riding at that. I am not a cruiser guy. I sold all my bikes with the intention of riding again when my kids got out of high school. My youngest graduated in January, a semester early.

Material things are not what usually makes me happy, and even in this case it's not so much the motorcycle. It's the ride.

Anyway, bought a bike today. A 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon. An Italian adventure bike with a 900cc Ducati engine. Only 15,000 miles, aftermarket exhaust, performance chip.

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

[​IMG]

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

The wife and I are flying back home tomorrow.... Cusco-Lima-Miami-JFK....

Did a little extra souvenir shopping...the wife bought some alpaca sweaters...

I got these guys:

[​IMG]

I'm happy to be on my way home... I'm also happy for the great vacation... Peru is fortunate to have so many attractions, and is a bit underdeveloped but the whole country seems to understand that tourists are a lifeblood - everyone was so nice and helpful.

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

^^ I love peru.

Did you spend any time in the rainforest?

--------

My company has substantial web business that is stagnant and beginning its decline (minimally) because of poor management. I've been sitting in on interviews for positions outside of my department because sr. mgmt needs someone whose opinion they trust and they can't find them within the department in question. I realized just how bad it really was when people running things gave me non-answers to questions I asked them about direction and strategy during interviews.

If I was going to do anything before hiring decisions are made and a new course is set, I had to act fast so last night I pulled an all-nighter and put together a fairly comprehensive document (4000 words) outlining the strategy I think we should adopt going forward, and how it should be executed. Passed it off to my direct boss and he thought it was ambitious and very well put thought-out and will support me in what i'm trying to do.

Had 45 minute meeting with VP to feel him out today and sent him a copy to read on the weekend after determining he was receptive to my ideas and very happy I was thinking about these things, as they're not my responsability. Part of my strategy involves a reorganization and as part of reorg I create the position of Director of eCommerce for a unit generating 8 figures in revenue, good margin, and good potential for growth for myself.

I don't say it's for me in the strategy doc but the person I'm describing is me (and I haven't actually created a needless construct for purpose of serving my own ambition). I will be a natural fit and I think there's a strong chance it could actually happen.

We have a meeting scheduled monday.