things that are making you happy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by globetrotter, Feb 14, 2008.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

as long as it didnt touch any of your treif deluxe, sure.

thanks piobuddy.

the rodeo?

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Damn, bro, you on a koppin spree! Is/Are the Off 5th(s) in B-more any good? There is only one in Cle-Town and it sucks.

Sounds like good news all around.

So where did you keep the flask?

I think that it would need some crab meat on top.

Mortons. The answer is always Mortons.

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

:fistbump:

good ties are a lock at both places always. beyond that;

the last call is a koppopotamus heaven. ive never gone there and been let down. always has stuff to kop, pants, sweaters, shirts, SCs, overcoats, suits, street wear.... you get the idea.

the off 5th is more hit or miss. it is mostly filled with house brand stuff, but they do have other goodies on occasion, just need to look harder. im still kicking myself for passing when they had a bunch of mainline isaia suits for like $800 or so.

:laugh:

never ruths chris? not kosher so ive never been, but everyone here speaks highly of it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  4. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Dinner's served! Venison Cornish-style pasties made from scratch. Venison, swede, carrot, onion and parsnip seasoned with sea salt, black pepper and homegrown rosemary. Glass of Lapsang on the side.

[​IMG]

Stitch&'Bo: Nish gedayget, zey zayn nit keshres.

5. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

So if your food touches non-kosher food it is rendered non-kosher? What if the cook is a moonlighting off duty police officer?

6. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

I just heard that a film my son worked on has just won the major prize at Tropfest, Australia's biggest festival for short films. The judges icluded Geoffrey Rush, Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman, so this is pretty big. The film is called Lemonade Stand, and you can find it here, if you're curious.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TROPFEST

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

had a very productive day at work.

this week is a series of meetings with one of my regional managers and his distributors. baiscally, I am the heavy. all has gone pretty well this week, essentially, just hearing that I was coming got everyone working harder and everyone prepared well for their meetins.

until today - so the distributor isn't prepared, their main sales person for my product doens't evern show up to the meeting and sent one of his junor guys, along with the owner, to the meeting. the owner is sending emails and the junor guy is struggling to answer questions and present the slides his boss had prepared. my regional manager is pissed off and the meeting isn't gonig well.

I sit their silently for a while, then I say to the owner, "so, have you really thought about whether or not this is a partnership that fits your business needs? because the way it's going today it seems like you don't really need our partnership. if that's the case, I can live with that. we have to do what's good for our companies."

he just about bursts, because he realizes that he's in deep shit, and I could terminate the distributorship. he ends up promising me, on a personal basis, that they will close this one deal that they have been working on "or he will resign the line". which means that he'll close the deal, even if he has to lose money from his side to do so.

I tell him that I have another meeting and so I can't have lunch with him, he begs me to have lunch or dinner with him, and offers to take the afternoon off work to take me sightseeing. I tell him that I would love to, after they close this deal, but right now I have too much work to do.

8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

when i was a young boy, at the age of 5, my mom told me i was gonna be the greatest man alive, now i'm a man, way past 21, I have lots of fun.

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

:slayer:

Cute dog! Congrats!

You don't actually own property, Ed. When that changes, I'm sure we'll all be happy to congratulate you.

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I don't know. No naps or hikes? I think we can't really call this "productive" in the SF sense.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

:slayer: and good luck.

:Slayer

that depends on any number of factors. I had a list typed out but we all have our preferences. Taste of Texas is quite popular and low-pretense (and great), but if you want the 'experience' you'd probably prefer Pappas Brothers or Brenner's.

Yesterday, banged out 23 miles in a decent time, not much pain afterwards, just a little stiffness this morning. Marathon #2 in 2 weeks.

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

Just got an interview for a job I've been coveting!

I have a friend who is able to give me a bit of inside information, and he tells me the competition will be stiff, so we'll see what comes of it. Even so, I match really well with the qualifications, and I feel like I'll have a fighting chance if I nail the interview (and interviews are generally a strong point for me).

Fingers crossed!

14. gort

gort Senior member

day off for president's day. :slayer:

15. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Good luck with that!